App Review ShellLocker Ransomware

• Thread starter MalwareBlockerYT
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
W

Wave

Thread author
If you don't mind could you send me this ransomware sample in a PM? :)

Also, one thing, about Avast and some other companies who don't detect the sample... You're right about it maybe being easy for them to find it, but imagine how many submissions they get on a daily basis! They have tons and tons of samples to get through every week, in the thousands count, so they're bound to miss on some no matter how available they are to access sometimes! :(

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
If you don't mind could you send me this ransomware sample in a PM? :)

Also, one thing, about Avast and some other companies who don't detect the sample... You're right about it maybe being easy for them to find it, but imagine how many submissions they get on a daily basis! They have tons and tons of samples to get through every week, in the thousands count, so they're bound to miss on some no matter how available they are to access sometimes! :(
The sample was actually posted in the Malware Hub - if I can find it again then I will PM you the link :)

You make a very valid point but I still believe that ransomware should be a priority - especially if it's a well known threat.

W

Wave

Thread author
The sample was actually posted in the Malware Hub - if I can find it again then I will PM you the link :)

You make a very valid point but I still believe that ransomware should be a priority - especially if it's a well known threat.
Okay and no no I agree with you, I just wanted to quickly point out that is maybe why it wasn't detected yet, maybe they just missed it by accident in the list of submissions... for sure someone would have submitted, and if not an individual, they'd have the sample from VT already :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Okay and no no I agree with you, I just wanted to quickly point out that is maybe why it wasn't detected yet, maybe they just missed it by accident in the list of submissions... for sure someone would have submitted, and if not an individual, they'd have the sample from VT already :)
Yeah no I understand :) I can't actually find the post to the sample so I will ask the Malware Hub guys if they remember which post it was & get back to you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.