Should I stay or should I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I just bought a new notebook that came with McAfee IS. I'm seriously thinking about dumping it, even though I have over a year of license left. Can anyone think of a good reason why I shouldn't do that? More to the (a) point, Littlebits mentioned recurrent problems with FP's in Windows files, so that got me worried too. What's your opinion, guys?

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
i had the same concern that you with my new laptops and McAffee IS, it lasts 15sec before i decided to remove it :D following this procedure:

How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus - YouTube

Those babes,they can massage me anytime!!:p
The "Hugh Heffner" of the Antivirus industry!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeXPMan
Y

yigido

Just uninstall it :) Show it no mercy :D Same thing happened to me when I bought my Laptop, ıt came with Norton suck :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Everyone is saying to uninstall McAfee, but without any reasons.

In recent reviews McAfee isn't all that bad, but if you're finding that you're not able to customise it to your liking, for example, remove certain components, then I suggest switching to security you're more comfortable with.

With FP, as long as you haven't set McAfee to auto-quarantine existing files, you should be OK.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Ok, click and pray. It's going away.

Thanks for your input, guys!

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Use it for 1-2 weeks and see if you like it.. Still if you are not satisfied with the performance then remove it.

little bird

Level 1
Aug 4, 2015
I have the same concern with McAfee, the connection to internet isn't stable until i uninstall it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The reason for this thread to be locked is the OP itself as solved already the problem. Just a tip, you may use McAfee but remember issues are varies and you need a matured thinking to decide. Yes there are some hindrance but it can be a primary protection; based on my observation some computers that I've counted have no issues with McAfee.

Reactions: LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.