Simple Hack, Unlock 'Very High' quality for Xbox One streaming to Windows 10

S

sinu

Thread author
Xbox One-to-PC game streaming is one of the stand-out features of Windows 10, and plans are afoot for streaming the other way as well. If you're currently playing your Xbox One games on your Windows 10 PC or laptop, you might be interested to learn that there is a way to dramatically boost streaming quality.

While the hack itself is very easy to implement, it's not something that all gamers will want to undertake because of the demands it makes of networking hardware. That said, if you think your kit is up to the job, here's what you need to do.

The tweak doesn’t even require you to edit the registry and was highlighted in a post on Reddit. Redditor OomaThurman warns that "I can see the Mbps change in the Xbox app and a dip in throughput on my wan (firewall) when setting it to high instead of very high. The difference on just the Smite login screen is about 3Mbps, so I wouldn't recommend this unless you have exceptional networking gear and an understanding of what you're doing."

To earn yourself a quality boost:
  • Open up File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\.
  • Locate the folder whose name starts Microsoft.XboxApp and open it.
  • Open the Local State folder and then use Notepad or another text editor to open the userconsoledata file.
  • Locate the IsInternalPreview variable and change its value from false to true.
  • Close and save the file and the new Very High setting should be visible in the Xbox app.
Source: http://betanews.com/2015/08/13/a-si...igh-quality-xbox-one-streaming-in-windows-10/

Mod Edit: Moved from News to Xbox talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.