SMART HDD Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmith37

Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Went through all steps of removal but I still get the phony HDD messages. Tried disabling STARTUP programs but still no help. I get the BOOTUP message, which I just hit ENTER to bypass and then while active on my laptop I get a Microsoft Windows Dialogue box message of a HARD DISK PROBLEM, which I just cancel. Any suggestions on how to rid my PC of this last remnant ?

Many Thanks for any suggestions.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Welcome to the forums. :welcomewave:
To help with your problem I would recommend posting a new thread in the Malware Removal Assistance Forum and get help from Jack there.
How did you find out about MT?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Welcome to the forum :) as Malware Maniac said post in the malware removal assistance forum if you want to get that problem cleared up ;)

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Are you using Windows XP or Windows Vista, or 7

The Smart HDD will be Located in

C:\ProgramData\ (In Windows Vista and 7)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ (In Windows XP)

In this folders you will be able to see some Random files. There will be 1-3 .EXE files also... Try to Delete them. If you are not able to Delete it rename the file with a name and restart the computer. After the Restart you will be able to Delete them......

There is a Possibility that you will be facing some more issues in the computer Like not able to see any of your files all of the files are Hidden etc. If you are facing any such problem please let us know...

All the Best.......

desmith37 said:
Went through all steps of removal but I still get the phony HDD messages. Tried disabling STARTUP programs but still no help. I get the BOOTUP message, which I just hit ENTER to bypass and then while active on my laptop I get a Microsoft Windows Dialogue box message of a HARD DISK PROBLEM, which I just cancel. Any suggestions on how to rid my PC of this last remnant ?

Don't Delete your Temp folder now........

kuttus said:

In this folders you will be able to see some Random files. There will be 1-3 .EXE files also... Try to Delete them. If you are not able to Delete it rename the file with a name and restart the computer. After the Restart you will be able to Delete them......

There is a Possibility that you will be facing some more issues in the computer Like not able to see any of your files all of the files are Hidden etc. If you are facing any such problem please let us know...

All the Best.......

desmith37 said:

desmith37

Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Will follow instructions, and thanks for the advice. After much checking I have found that the Hard Disk on this PC does have 32 BAD SECTORS and the threshold is 36. So I may be looking at a potentially failing HARD DRIVE.

Darrell

kuttus said:

All the Best.......

desmith37 said:

Don't Delete your Temp folder now........

kuttus said:

All the Best.......

desmith37 said:

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
I would recommend that you post in the Malware Removal Assistance Forum and get help from an expert. kuttus just joined today and I doubt he volunteered in the section yet. There is also a rule in the Malware Removal Assistance forum that Staff members can post advice to remove malware. Please make a post in the Malware Removal Assistance Forum and get help from Jack from there.

Edit: As of October 17th 2012, I found that kuttus has been admitted into the Malware Removal Group. At this time I consider him an expert in this category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.