Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
More and more people are using their mobile device to carry out banking functions, according to a recent report from Bank of America, in a world where smartphones are now considered more important than coffee, television and even personal hygiene.

by Helen Leggatt
xtoothbrush_164692916-thumb-380xauto-3022.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-WqpbDZp-t.jpg

In its inaugural Trends in Consumer Mobility Report, Bank of America reveals just how important smartphones are to the U.S. public. Almost half (47%) said they would be lost without their smartphone and could not last the day without the device about their person.

Furthermore, 60% even put the importance of their smartphone above coffee and two-thirds (76%) say it is more important than television. For nearly all (91%) their mobile device is as important as their car and even their deodorant. Among younger age groups, such as 18-24 year olds, their mobile is more important even than their personal hygiene with 90% saying their device is more important than deodorant and even more (93%) ranking them above toothbrushes.

People are also using their smartphone to conduct banking - almost two-thirds (62%) have at least tried it and Bank of America now has over 15 million active mobile banking users. Of those that have tried mobile banking, 31% log on via their smartphone at least once every day while the majority (82%) checks their account via mobile at least once a week. However, Bank of America does recognize that banking via a physical branch remains the most popular method by which to monitor accounts.

"There's no question that an on-the-go lifestyle is now considered the norm, and that a mobile mindset has been adopted," said Marc Warshawsky, mobile banking executive with Bank of America, based in Charlotte, NC.

"It's no different when it comes to financial services. Banks are expected to deliver mobile banking options that meet customers where they are, when they need it, at all times."

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I can part with my smartphone with a coffee break

D

Deleted member 178

I see these idiots in Shopping Malls all the time talking on their phones. They are truly addicted IMO.

can't compare with the guy pretending to use a mobile phone then goes to a public phone and use coins :D

saw with my own eyes ^^

Reactions: marg

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
More important than toothbrushes? Now that's disgusting. These days I barely use my smartphone for a total of 10 minutes in a day. There are a lot of better things to do.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Dont lie Walt, you dont use them more than 10mn because you broke them by accidentally drop them on the floor hahaha :D

Squeezy

Level 1
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I actively use my smartphone at home, but I barely use it when I'm in the outdoors (Just for phone calls/etc). Those who text 24/7 need to get their head checked.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I don't get why they like their smartphone that much!
I bet 1/3 of all 18-24 year olds would rate them higher than breathing... :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Dont lie Walt, you dont use them more than 10mn because you broke them by accidentally drop them on the floor hahaha :D

haha lol! :D My current smartphone is the Samsung Galaxy S1 Plus (which my friends find to be ancient). My father bought it for himself since 2 years and a half, but he has given it to me a year ago when he bought a new one (and, of course, because I broke mine! :D ). I feel sorry for how much I smashed this smartphone, thank God it is still alive.

I learnt a rule BTW, it is that someone shouldn't buy a smartphone that costs more than 300$. People nowadays pay a premium for features they will never/rarely use. I feel sorry for people buying the smartphone with the latest processor that has quad-core 2.4GHz and then use it to send facebook messages, something that can be done with a single-core 0.8GHz smartphone. That was just an example of how a waste of money are today's flagship smartphones, they are full of useless features.

Reactions: Dima007
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.