So what is the benefit of AppGuard if using Sandboxie?

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
I have Emisisoft Internet Security, ESET, Sandboxie and HitmanPro Alert...so what would the benefit of adding AppGuard and would it actually work or make any difference in the security?

I play lot of online games (Star Wars Online, Battlefield 4, Guild wars 2 etc) so I don't want this to interefere with it.

H

hjlbx

I have Emisisoft Internet Security, ESET, Sandboxie and HitmanPro Alert...so what would the benefit of adding AppGuard and would it actually work or make any difference in the security?

I play lot of online games (Star Wars Online, Battlefield 4, Guild wars 2 etc) so I don't want this to interefere with it.

ESET Smart Security or NOD32 ?

If ESS on 2 different systems or combined with EIS on 1 system ?

Anyhow...

AppGuard protects the physical system should anything "break-out" of the Sandboxie sandbox or - more likely - you make a mistake.

AppGuard in Lock-Down mode is probably as good as can be had from a software restriction policy security soft - unless you use Excubits Bouncer or NoVirusThanks Smart Object Blocker and write all the rules. Writing all the rules is a horrendous task if you don't know what rules you need.

AppGuard is the most user-friendly of the SRP softs, Lock-Down mode SRP is very tight, and at only about 5 MB RAM usage it is difficult to do any better.

Yes. By adding AppGuard your security would be "maxed-out."

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.