[Solved] Able to lock your own threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Another idea :p

How about at a certain level in ranks you can lock your own threads for when you want it to be closed.

Not like a Moderator where they lock any etc...

Like where you can lock only your thread.

I think at least a 'Advanced Member' should be able to. Seems reasonable to me.

What do you guys think?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Able to lock your own threads...

Moderation for any topic should be left to staff.

If you would like a thread closed, you can simply PM a Moderator or other staff to close the thread.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

Ok

Just thought of it because i seen it in another forum, but i can not remember where.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

Threads are locked because they become outdated or the discussion gets off topic, but besides that I see no reason to lock threads.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

bogdan said:
Threads are locked because they become outdated or the discussion gets off topic, but besides that I see no reason to lock threads.

Hm, i think i would just like pushing the button lol. But that makes sense :)

G

Guest28

I think we need to leave the thread locking to the moderators. If you want a thread locked what's so hard about asking a moderator to lock it? I'm sure if you have a good enough reason to have it locked they will be more than happy.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011

Never said anything was hard about it... it was just a suggestion. And i got my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.