Solved (Solved) CyberGhost 5 probem with Private Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruteczko

Thread author
Verified
Jan 18, 2014
I have recently installed CyberGhost 5 on my PC and all seems to work flawlessly, no complaints from Comodo (no notifications whatsoever). Unfortunately VPN not changing IP address, no matter what. Every time I get the message that: "A connection could not be established. Please check if a Firewall or Antivirus software is blocking CyberGhost. Click Unlock, to unlock your Internet connection." Where to click? What's going on? How to fix it?
Some time ago I tried using OpenVPN software and all worked well. Is CyberGhost program just an overlay for OpenVPN by the way?
Thank you in advance.

Y

yigido

I am using CİS and Cyberghost 5 on my PC. I have no issue like that. Please try on firewall section>allow application and allow the Cyberghost. Maybe it will fix your issue?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you reboot your PC after installing CyberGhost?

Upvote 0

Boruteczko

Thread author
Verified
Jan 18, 2014
Sure.

In Network Connections I see a red x next to TAP-Windows Adapter v9 and a message - Network Cable is Unplugged.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Sure.

In Network Connections I see a red x next to TAP-Windows Adapter v9 and a message - Network Cable is Unplugged.
Could be a corrupt install or even your router causing this issue. It could also be from running more then one VPN on the same network, or left overs from another VPN on your machine conflicting. I would first try to uninstall it "cleanly" and reinstall to see if the issue remains.

Upvote 0

Boruteczko

Thread author
Verified
Jan 18, 2014
I reinstalled it and for a change now TAP-Windows Adapter v9 gives Unrecognized Network status.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

I reinstalled it and for a change now TAP-Windows Adapter v9 gives Unrecognized Network status.
Try right clicking CIS tray icon and exit CIS, and or disable the firewall all together and see if you get the same result.
I have to ask, did you have another VPN before cyberghost that has been uninstalled?

Upvote 0

Boruteczko

Thread author
Verified
Jan 18, 2014
Disabling CIS does nothing, but indeed I uninstalled Private Tunnel recently and after some investigation I've finally o_Ofound PrivateTunnel folder in OpenVPN Technologies folder and it looks like I CAN NOT get rid of it even as Administrator:(!

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Disabling CIS does nothing, but indeed I uninstalled Private Tunnel recently and after some investigation I've finally o_Ofound PrivateTunnel folder in OpenVPN Technologies folder and it looks like I CAN NOT get rid of it even as Administrator:(!

Go into device manger, click "view" then click "show hidden devices" then go down to your "network adapters" and open it, see if there is still a driver for Private Tunnel, also depending on what system you are on, if the "non-plug and play" is listed, check in there as well..

Upvote 0

Boruteczko

Thread author
Verified
Jan 18, 2014
Problem solved and all works now like it should now. I just deleted Private Tunnel Folder under Linux and voila! My bad...
Thank you for you patience.:oops:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.