Something going on or prob with MT site?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Is something going on or any prob with the site today?
Here its frequently logging out today.
Other sites, forums working fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Same thing here.It might be a little hiccup with the HTTPS.Once in a while you just have to close the site and open it again.Only noticed the logout problem about a 1/2 hour ago.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well your case happen to me rarely when I'm unattended/idle using to connection of broadband. However even though happen before on HTTP it didn't repeat on many consecutive days.

It can be your connection, have you try to compare others?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It seems fine now.

It seems fine now.
Its happening again. Sometimes I get logout on refreshing the page, clicking on recent posts, clicking on alerts, clicking on edit on the posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello guys,
I cannot reproduce the issue( everything works as it should), but can you please try to clear the cache and cookies, then try to log in again (make sure "keep me logged in" is checked).

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No problems here, using Firefox.

Check the Remember History is checked in Firefox Privacy settings, otherwise you'll be asked to re-login every time.

Your trusted device is saved for 30 days, before you will be asked for 2FA again.

Reactions: Jack

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I experienced the OP's problem once last night about a 1/2 hour after his posting the thread.I have no experienced this same issue since.BTW this was on Firefox however all is good now.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I always set my browser to clear stuffs on exit, regular visits to few sites including MT. Current browser SlimJet 32 Bits, use SJ password manager, & always untick remember me on the sites. Never had any probs with any sites with the mentioned settings.

I have just come online & if still face the prob will post here.

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Using chrome, and haven't been logged out since I signed up here.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I always set my browser to clear stuffs on exit, regular visits to few sites including MT.
If I were you I would look into this...most likely your settings are clearing a cookie...

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If I were you I would look into this...most likely your settings are clearing a cookie...
Even if its clearing cookie...always worked fine with the mentioned settings...why sudden prob & why no probs with other sites?

And it seems no probs now...tried posting couple posts, editing, refresh page, etc... no probs now...browser settings still the same.

Reactions: Logethica and Ink

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Even if its clearing cookie...always worked fine with the mentioned settings...why sudden prob & why no probs with other sites?

And it seems no probs now...tried posting couple posts, editing, refresh page, etc... no probs now...browser settings still the same.
Well, if got solved...everything is fine. Just let us know if you will experience other issues... : )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo: Have you compare to connect other internet connection and check if its persist even though you configured the way it should clean the traces?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo: Have you compare to connect other internet connection and check if its persist even though you configured the way it should clean the traces?
Well I tried my wired direct connection, wired router connection & my connection wirelessly with same results i.e prob.

But all is fine now since my yesterday reply to Jack in this thread.

Reactions: Logethica and Jack

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo: Glad everything is fine, well wondering if you try to connect on a public places connection and see if it influence the problem.

Usually its a connection that affects those communication.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo: Glad everything is fine, well wondering if you try to connect on a public places connection and see if it influence the problem.

Usually its a connection that affects those communication.
I am from India & you will hardly find WiFi in public places here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.