Not open for further replies.

SifhX

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,

I'm testing Shadow defender, but there is something I don't understand :

If I want to try out a software that ask me to reboot when its installed, when I reboot in shadow mode I see nothing, the program is not installed.

Am I doing something wrong or when the computer reboot all is erased ???

Thanks

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
From what I know, while you in shadow mode, everything you did, like installing, saving file, or basicly anything, it will get wiped once you reboot. So basically when you install a software that need to reboot (while you in shadow mode) to complete the installation, it would fail, the system won't recognize it, think that never happen :)

You can play with the exclusion folder, or you can read great guide by @Umbra Polaris here (credits belongs to Umbra)

http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-set-up-shadow-defender-for-convenience-max-protection.12778/

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
In short Shadow defender is just a system protection (Shadow Mode)...
the simplest way to have virtual moe (shadow Mode) without rebooting, not like eg Deep Freeze.
Usually used to test some software, games etc that not require rebooting
or restart..or you can setting option on exclusion (Folder,files,registry, commit etc) are not include in
Shadow mode (virtual)..if you don't like and stick to test some softwares.apps
that requires reboot/restart..better then choose VMware or Oracle product like Virtual Box.
I hope my explanation not make you confused...and wish to help you a lot. Enjoy..Shadow Defender.
My setting only for shadow mode to be Active only on drive C: other drlve like D: E: are free (Normal Mode)
image.png

Shadow Defender System Status
sd1.png

I set My Shadow Defender just for Drive C: this my choice
sd2.png

Directory Folder Exclusion on Drive C: 1TB (on my HDD 1TB)
sd3.png

Registry Shadow Defender Exclusion
sd4.png

What is Shadow Defender ?
Shadow Defender is an easy-to-use security solution (for Windows operating systems) that protects your PC/laptop real environment against malicious activities and unwanted changes.

Shadow Defender can run your system in a virtual environment called 'Shadow Mode'. 'Shadow Mode' redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment. If you experience malicious activities and/or unwanted changes, perform a reboot to restore your system back to its original state, as if nothing happened.

With Shadow Defender, you have the flexibility to specify which files and folders are permanently saved to the real environment. This ensures important files and folders are kept after a reboot.

If you want to make a maintenance-free computer, Shadow Defender will be your best choice.

Shadow Defender Features
  • 1. Prevent all viruses and malwares.
  • 2. Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
  • 3. Protect your privacy.
  • 4. Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
  • 5. Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.
Shadow Defender Users
  • 1. Maintain a system free from malicious activities and unwanted changes.
  • 2. Test software and game installations in a safe environment. that not requires rebooting.
  • 3. Protect against unwanted changes by shared users (suitable for workplaces and educational institutions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.