Sony: "It's your fault the PS4 Pro won't connect to your TV"

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your PS4 Pro isn’t talking to your TV properly? It’s all your fault, apparently.

Naturally I followed my initial story up by contacting the main players involved. LG responded first, promising a firmware update to sort things out on its TVs by the end of November. Now Sony PlayStation (Sony’s TV division has remained silent so far) has responded too. But I think it’s fair to describe this response as rather underwhelming.

Here it is in its entirety:

“We are aware of the reports, but we encourage our users to first check their TV settings, firmware or HDMI to make sure that the TV is capable of supporting both 4K and HDR and that TV and PS4 Pro are connected appropriately.”​

Inb4:

The Xbox One S had HDR compatibility issues too on launch – though not as widespread as those that seem to be affecting the PS4 Pro.​

Fanboys/girls:

Perhaps the saddest thing about PlayStation’s response is that I can already imagine the Xbox fanboys seizing on it as ‘proof’ that PS4 Pro owners are somehow less technically knowledgeable than Xbox One S owners.​

Read via Google Play Newsstand (for Web) - https://play.google.com/newsstand/w...OSmCuc8R4S-flQqFQgEKg0IACoGCAowrqkBMKBFMLGBAg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.