Sony Xperia S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Did you try to do an update to your OS to fix the WiFi issue?

The actual bug started after i updated it to the latest ICS software. Everything was fine till it was on Gingerbread.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
"No Micro - SD slot ( non expandable memory)" That meaning it has no internal storage?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Expandable means external storage from an additional card.

It has
- Internal phone storage: 1 to 1.5GB
- Flash memory: 32GB eMMC

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-s/specifications/

/research.

McLovin said:
That meaning it has no internal storage?

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
McLovin said:
"No Micro - SD slot ( non expandable memory)" That meaning it has no internal storage?

It just has an internal storage of 32 gigs, you can't add an external memory card so you will forever be stuck with just 32 gigs. So if you are a videophile you are sure to run out of memory real fast :p.

e.g. A samsung galaxy s3 comes with 16/32 gb of internal memory + 8/16/32/64 gb expandable. While in the case of Xperia S you just have 32 gbinternal memory

S3 : 16 / 32 GB(Internal) + 16 / 32GB (Memory card) = 32 GB / 64 GB

Xperia S : 32 GB (Internal) = 32 GB..... No external SD ( Memory Cards )

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Even so, 8, 16, 32 and 64GB is a lot of space for other media.

I think World has become a greedy place, can't settle for less because they want the best, even when they know (or don't know) Phone manufacturers and/or Telecom giants are exploiting them.

Smartphones are the best way to waste money.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Earth said:

I think World has become a greedy place, can't settle for less because they want the best,
even when they know (or don't know) Phone manufacturers and/or Telecom giants are exploiting them.

Yup very true most of the people would just buy 16 / 32 / 64 Gig model and never go beyond 8 or 9 GB (Songs, couple of vids and pics). It's such a waste to spend more $ for something you are never gonna use.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:

I think World has become a greedy place, can't settle for less because they want the best, even when they know (or don't know) Phone manufacturers and/or Telecom giants are exploiting them.

Just want to know how much it had, for the reason is that I like and prefer to have no SD card but to have 32, 64 GB etc of space.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
That is not an issue. It supports USB On the Go. You can get a OTG cable and insert a USB flash drive with your videos and music on it. :) But a MicroSD is much more compact :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.