Troubleshoot Sound problems after installing new GPU (GTX 750 4Gb AFOX)

Nettuno

Thread author
Nov 18, 2023
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
The microphone and the sound doesnt work at the same time, just one at the same time.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Driver updates and basics
Your current Antivirus
Windows 10
So, about 2 weeks ago i bought the GTX 750 and installed in my PC, i had a GT 730 and it was an upgrade for me.

Everything was alright, i installed everything it needed, drivers and the casual.

When i tryied to go for a Discord call, my headset microphone didnt worked, when i tryied to troubleshoot the problem i literally just wasted more than 6 hours to try to fix it, and when i had the idea to change from the VGA to DVI slot, it worked, the microphone AND the sound was working AT THE SAME TIME.

But today i opened my PC removed everything for a cleanup, when i tryied to go for another call, bam, the same problem, tryied to change slots again, but it didnt worked, i already did the basic things.

So basically, my microphone and the sound doenst work at the same time, if any program is using my microphone, the system just get muted instantly, and if it stops using the microphone, the sound goes back again, idk what this is.

NOTE: If i go to the properties of my headphone speakers and try to hear my microphone through it, i can, both work at the same time, but if ANYTHING uses it, the problem come again, even if i go to the microphone properties, i cant hear it, just through the speaker properties.

I NEED HELP. I gotta work ;p

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It seems like there may be an issue with your audio settings after installing the new GPU. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Update your audio drivers: Make sure you have the latest audio drivers installed for your motherboard or sound card. You can usually find these on the manufacturer's website.

2. Check your audio settings: Go to the Sound settings in your Control Panel and ensure that the correct audio devices are selected as the default playback and recording devices.

3. Disable exclusive mode: In the Sound settings, go to the Recording tab, select your microphone, and click on Properties. Under the Advanced tab, uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option.

4. Test with different applications: Try using different applications for audio and video calls to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if it's a specific program causing the problem.

5. Try a different microphone: If possible, test with a different microphone to see if the issue is with the microphone itself.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be worth contacting the manufacturer's support or seeking assistance from a computer technician.

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Jack
Upvote 0

Nettuno

Thread author
Nov 18, 2023
1. Everything is updated.
2. I checked it, and it seems that everything is fine and well configured.
3. Disabled, still didnt worked.
4. I tested it even with the own windows using it, still same problem with any application.
5. I tested the headphones in another notebook, the system sound and microphone both worked good in the notebook, but in my computed didnt

Reactions: Jack
Upvote 0

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
1. Everything is updated.
2. I checked it, and it seems that everything is fine and well configured.
3. Disabled, still didnt worked.
4. I tested it even with the own windows using it, still same problem with any application.
5. I tested the headphones in another notebook, the system sound and microphone both worked good in the notebook, but in my computed didnt
Since you have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, it's possible that the issue is related to the installation of your new GPU. Here are a few additional steps you can try:

1. Reinstall GPU drivers: Uninstall the current GPU drivers completely from your system and then reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. Make sure to select the "Clean installation" option during the driver installation process.

2. Check GPU compatibility: Verify that your GPU is fully compatible with your motherboard and power supply. Sometimes, certain GPUs may have compatibility issues that can affect other components, including audio.

3. Check BIOS settings: Access your computer's BIOS settings and make sure the integrated audio is enabled. Reboot your computer and see if the issue persists.

4. Reset Windows audio settings: Open the Sound settings in your Control Panel, select your playback and recording devices, and click on the "Reset" button to restore the default settings.

5. Test with a different GPU: If possible, try using a different GPU to see if the issue still occurs. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your new GPU.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be worth contacting the manufacturer's support for further assistance or considering seeking help from a computer technician.

Reactions: Jack
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.