[split] System Imaging, VM, Backup/Restore

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Get an external HDD and make a system image. Better then ANY virtualzation software you could ever use.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
RE: Virtualization Software on 64-bit OS

Dieselman said:
Get an external HDD and make a system image. Better then ANY virtualzation software you could ever use.

what? that is paid solution and with expensive than like DVD for recovery? :)
people want a free solution
or like virtualbox..?
both of them are free man :p
i'am alread try tried virtualbox.. its so good for me :)

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Ummmmmmmmmm. Do not doubt me or challenge me. A virtualzation is NOT bullet proof nor can it save you from a HDD failure. An external HDD is extremely cheap and Paragon Backup And Recovery Free edition works just fine. Just because your using a virtual box and any sort of virtualzation DOES NOT mean you will never infect the host. Why does every who uses a VM think they are invincible to malware on there host machine.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

Dieselman said:
Ummmmmmmmmm. Do not doubt me or challenge me. A virtualzation is NOT bullet proof nor can it save you from a HDD failure. An external HDD is extremely cheap and Paragon Backup And Recovery Free edition works just fine. Just because your using a virtual box and any sort of virtualzation DOES NOT mean you will never infect the host.

hey, i not challange you man
just give better solution to users not use lot money to buy exHD
remember.. i'm AV tester..
that why i use virtual machine for it
:p
just one thing dont choose when want to test AV :)
i think.. use DVD recovery as well for programs and windows 7 OS
then for data and pict manything like that put on DVD or flashdrive and more better and cheap ;)

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Please stop win7holic. You are very young and have a lot to learn about malware and computers. An external HDD is less then $80. And no where did Chiron ask for a FREE only solution. Also when you use a VM it should be done on a junk pc. Not your everyday machine. I handle live malware with NO VM and NO virtualzation. Why..................Cause all I have to do is mount a new image and I am all cleaned up. 100% guaranteed.

Tomo172 said:
Dieselman said:
Ummmmmmmmmm. Do not doubt me or challenge me.

Please get over yourself Dieselman.

No need to get over. Its facts over myth. The fact that he even said what he said means he knows nothing about malware testing. Everyone but everyone uses a VM and thinks they are "Mr. Malware Tester". Well if you want to be a real malware tester then you use a real live machine. You dont even need a VM or an image. Just a junk pc you can reformat. Malware can infect the host.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

Dieselman said:
Please stop win7holic. You are very young and have a lot to learn about malware and computers. An external HDD is less then $80. And no where did Chiron ask for a FREE only solution. Also when you use a VM it should be done on a junk pc. Not your everyday machine. I handle live malware with NO VM and NO virtualzation. Why..................Cause all I have to do is mount a new image and I am all cleaned up. 100% guaranteed.

Tomo172 said:
Dieselman said:
Ummmmmmmmmm. Do not doubt me or challenge me.

Please get over yourself Dieselman.

No need to get over. Its facts over myth. The fact that he even said what he said means he knows nothing about malware testing. Everyone but everyone uses a VM and thinks they are "Mr. Malware Tester". Well if you want to be a real malware tester then you use a real live machine. You dont even need a VM or an image. Just a junk pc you can reformat. Malware can infect the host.

what you said dieselman??
i'm tried that early february to test AV but i'm learn about it 2010 november, i'm always watch about AV tester doing on YT video :)
ok.. junk PC? lol
you know MRXIDUS?? him doing on everyday machine..and i think him get job and that why him can buy EXHDD
so, i know.. not talk about FREE.. BUT, all people want free.. like you too.. dont you hypocritical..
(eg. why you use free software?? not BUY all of them for maintenance.. like tune up or auslogics boostspeed?

idk what you think.. i know.. you on this forums have lLOT experience..
but you cant think for effectiveness
:)

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

LOL..............An external HDD is NOT software. Buying software is a million times different then buying an external HDD. You can have all the FREE software in the world but what will it do when your pc is completely crashed and you need a new HDD. Nothing. An external HDD is called insurance. So what are you going to go out and buy a $50,000 and never insure it then.

I will laugh my butt off when your host pc is infected and there is not a thing you can do about it. Anyone with experience will tell you to do malare testing on a junk pc. Using your everyday machine is just asking for trouble. I am sure your parents would not go buy you a new one.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

you said:
Everyone but everyone uses a VM and thinks they are "Mr. Malware Tester". Well if you want to be a real malware tester then you use a real live machine. You dont even need a VM or an image. Just a junk pc you can reformat. Malware can infect the host.
dieselman??
lol
hmm..
all AV tester use VM
you never read.. i already read about that :)
about like indenpendent test AV, using VM too
lol
if you real malware tester and you can handle.. why you use disc image??
lols

Dieselman said:
LOL..............An external HDD is NOT software. Buying software is a million times different then buying an external HDD. You can have all the FREE software in the world but what will it do when your pc is completely crashed and you need a new HDD. Nothing. An external HDD is called insurance. So what are you going to go out and buy a $50,000 and never insure it then.

as people can.. all people so can think.. their must protect their machine and using effective software and not use more money and money and money
lol
that why.. i SAID FOR FREE software and free at all for EFFECTIVENESS

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

I do. I have infected my laptop several times. To the point where it was unbootable. I mounted a new image and its like new. 100% new.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

Dieselman said:

I will laugh my butt off when your host pc is infected and there is not a thing you can do about it. Anyone with experience will tell you to do malare testing on a junk pc. Using your everyday machine is just asking for trouble. I am sure your parents would not go buy you a new one.

hey man..
mrxidus know and i know too.. bcoz him tell to me.. about how to remove virus (all) until nothing in the machine
dont you ever denigrate me again..
why you always denigrate me?? are you a professional computer users in the WOLRD?? lol
I'M NOT NEWBIE ON COMPUTER NOW
XIDUS help me about it.. i'm happy have friends like him, give effectiveness :)

Dieselman said:
I do. I have infected my laptop several times. To the point where it was unbootable. I mounted a new image and its like new. 100% new.

my young brothers know about it
lol
all people know.. but why you use that? not remove it manually for gentle people?
you like people not have tools to remove it
sorry i said like that bcoz you denigrate me too :p

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Because you have a lot to learn. You think you know everything cause your some malware tester with a VM. But yet you have posted 2 threads "PLEASE HELP". You have a lot to learn and I am trying to teach you that. Do you yell at your teachers for teaching you? No.

The subject matter of your replies proves my theory.

BTW.........fixing computers and removing malware is what I do for a living.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

Dieselman said:
Because you have a lot to learn. You think you know everything cause your some malware tester with a VM. But yet you have posted 2 threads "PLEASE HELP". You have a lot to learn and I am trying to teach you that. Do you yell at your teachers for teaching you? No.

that not a sign if idk about malware.. that NOT caused by malware
can you read that as well??
lol

Dieselman said:

BTW.........fixing computers and removing malware is what I do for a living.

i'm not asking about your live
sorry.. lol

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

I love people like you. Your parents buy you a computer. You install VM then you think your Mr. Malware expert. Well time to face reality and smell the coffee. Malware CAN infect a host machine. Malware testing should be done on a junk pc. If not then be prepared to pay the price.
If you really want to become a malware removal expert then go out and get a junk pc and play around with it.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

Dieselman said:
I love people like you. Your parents buy you a computer. You install VM then you think your Mr. Malware expert. Well time to face reality and smell the coffee. Malware CAN infect a host machine. Malware testing should be done on a junk pc. If not then be prepared to pay the price.
If you really want to become a malware removal expert then go out and get a junk pc and play around with it.

now
i use junk PC lol
i have 3 laptop..
my parents not want buy new machine if get error.. i want fix it, disscuss to my betters friends like mrxidus :)
he always made my day :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.