App Review Spybot Search & Destroy: Malware Removal Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thank you for your review that kept me glued to the screen :)
with a sense I was watching an old fighter coming out of retirement. I was afraid Spybot would be knocked out, and yet, similar to your conclusions, I'd felt good ole' Spybot's performance was more successful than expected!:) Well done, MalwareDoctor!

Oh yes, and keep up the great security reviewing MD.

I noticed I used Spybot last spring, to clean up some malware on my brothers PC, and it did a good job, and freed a few threats which AV didn't detect. The rest was found by Malwarebytes.

Spybot might not work as a stand alone Malware program, but it still detects or defends pretty well!

Last edited:

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Geez, haven't watched a video from you @MalwareDoctor in like forever! Glad to see you're still doing them! :)
Loved this video! I personally don't know anyone that uses SBS&D...

Thanks McLovin I have not heard from you in a while. I used to know people that used Spybot, at the earliest 3 years ago. :)

Reactions: McLovin

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks McLovin I have not heard from you in a while. I used to know people that used Spybot, at the earliest 3 years ago. :)

Yeah bro, been a while. Been flat out with the first full time job and the second, one I do on uni/weekend nights. I see you got a bit of a fan base now with the channel :p

Reactions: MDTechVideos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.