Spynomore

McLovin

Level 78
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I got bored so I decided to do something fun with a fave av site ;)

[attachment=336]

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of the people of ****ville. I think that you really need to get a life and upgrade the whole website. The customer support is really **** and no one is ever on.

Thanks

Regards

The mighty one of ****ville

Mod edit: Traces of profanity removed. This sort of language is not allowed on Malware Tips. -elliotcroft

Attachments

• unledqyj.png
    unledqyj.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 455

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I seen you do it on join.me lol... they deserve alot more abuse then that. Btw the image link is dead.

McLovin

Level 78
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
I seen you do it on join.me lol... they deserve alot more abuse then that. Btw the image link is dead.

Fixed

McLovin

Level 78
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Sent them offline form. So they will never contact me tho, because that is not my email address. ;)

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
You should have some fun on live chat, I did and somehow the very professional operator raged at me and told me to "**** OFF" :)

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
+1, live chats are just amazing... whatever you say they're replying : yeah, but if you buy *** it will all be fixed ^^

eXp

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Mod edit: Traces of profanity removed. This sort of language is not allowed on Malware Tips. -elliotcroft
The following was inserted into the original post by me and the profanity was removed from the image and from the post itself.
Just doing my job.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
This "live chat" for rogue products aren't really new , cyber criminals had start using this technique in beginning of 2010 in an effort to boost sales.
Starting a talk in this kind of "chat rooms" is pointless because they are using bots(automated scripts) for them and not real people.

McLovin

Level 78
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I guess Jack but somethimes it is a real person and it can be fun, when they are annoyed at what you say so they loose their temper by swearing back at you. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If its a real person having a live chat and you will tell that the product itself was a rogue/malicious, guess they will denied it or they will not reply in the live chat.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.