SpyShelter 10.6.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Released Feb 5, 2016

spyshelterlogo2-e1399378805565.png

SpyShelter Free: SpyShelter Anti-Keylogger Free - Download (setupfree.exe)

SpyShelter Premium: SpyShelter Premium - Download (setup.exe)

SpyShelter Firewall: SpyShelter Firewall - Download (fwsetup.exe)

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Is it anygood? Have you tested it, jw if its worth giving it a go as an antikeylogger?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Is it anygood? Have you tested it, jw if its worth giving it a go?

The main advantage to SpyShelter Firewall is the HIPS and firewall modules; anti-logging is secondary for technical reasons.

SpyShelter HIPS is very good.

It's HIPS gives you very high control of your system; it will elicit the full run sequence for any process (when set on Ask User) - even for vulnerable processes.

The primary disadvantage is that SSF uses Classical HIPS - so for best protection it requires advanced knowledge of system and malware behaviors.

However, anyone who puts forth the time and effort to learn SSF, HIPS and IT security can have quite high system protection with it.

Although, you will think it is quirky compared to other security soft user interfaces, are actually advantages to have a very simple interface = low system resource consumption.

For example, an advanced user would be someone who knows that RegAsm.exe located in C:\Windows\MicrosoftNET\Framework and Framework64 can be abused and how it can be abused. So, basically, an advanced user is someone who can make the connection between what is shown in the HIPS alerts and the "unfolding" of an actual attack.

A combination of advanced IT security knowledge with Classical HIPS is the most powerful protection that can be had - period.

Once you configure SpyShelter, and enable system "Lock-Down" (= Block All Suspicious Actions), it is an anti-executable.

For me it is perfect, but for novice\beginner it would overwhelm.

Total RAM: < 20 %
Total CPU: < 1 %
Total Disk: < 12 MB

The benefit to system resource consumption ratio is HUGE.

Disadvantage is quirky user-interface that needs quite a bit of improvement (in my opinion - while many others disagree) - but one can get used to it.

I think main objective by developer is to keep resource usage quite low - so no "bloat" added for fancy interface.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
SpyShelter protects you against all threats from the moment you install it [by alerting you of potentially malicious actions]. (SpyShelter webpage blog)

SpyShelter (user) prevents actions which can cause damage to system and put private data at risk. (SpyShelter webpage blog)

I put (user) - because it is user that makes all the protective decisions.

Advanced user with SpyShelter = extremely unlikely to get infected system.

Last edited by a moderator:

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Forgot to mention that it is not SUA friendly, so it's just for those who run as Admin :)

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I am using SpyShelter Firewall without problem in Guest Account.

Does Datpol officially not support Limited User Accounts ?

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
I am using SpyShelter Firewall without problem in Guest Account.

Does Datpol officially not support Limited User Accounts ?
My info came from Helpdesk when I asked them ages ago when I asked them why the rules I made in my current session were gone after reboot when using my Standard Account. Not sure if SSF handles things differently than SSP (I have this one).

H

hjlbx

Thread author
My info came from Helpdesk when I asked them ages ago when I asked them why the rules I made in my current session were gone after reboot when using my Standard Account. Not sure if SSF handles things differently than SSP (I have this one).

Heh, heh... I will have to reboot system then.

I would bet rules are gone after reboot if it came from Datpol Help Desk = no support for LUA\SUA.

Thanks @marzametal - you da man !

Reactions: shmu26

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Heh, heh... I will have to reboot system then.

I would bet rules are gone after reboot if it came from Datpol Help Desk = no support for LUA\SUA.

Thanks @marzametal - you da man !
@hjlbx - The ones that stuck were the ones already made in Admin account, and also the General and Private ones (correct if wrong wording)... eg: the section where you can monitor specific files when read or written? Was feral at MS when I saw how many apps wanted to talk to dnsapi.dll

By the way, haven't you rebooted your PC yet this year? lmao!

Reactions: shmu26

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
SpyShelter 10.7

This changelog includes all the changes of SpyShelter Free, SpyShelter Premium, and SpyShelter Firewall.

Changelog:

10.7 (24/Feb/2016)

– Added custom global network zones feature for Firewall feature of SpyShelter Firewall
– Firewall rules are now allowed to use masks
– Small cosmetic improvements

Source: SpyShelter 10.7 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.