Advice Request Strange command prompt screen opening once or twice a day

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

pojomi

Thread author
Jan 9, 2018
Hello this is my first post here so please let me know what I need to supply.

I have been trying to clean my computer since I started getting popups after installing a file from a torrent. It seems as though everything is gone besides a tracking cookie (found with Super Anti Spyware) and this weird command prompt script that pops up at least once a day.
ktXm3nW.png

This is the command prompt that keeps popping up. I'm not sure if the beginning alphanumeric combination is always the same or not.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. Again, not sure what scans or logs will be requested, but I will supply everything needed.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
It is difficult to understand what generated that CMD pop-up, seeing your screenshot it seems to be a process to send/download data.
A backdoor may have that behavior even if usually the stages of the attack are hidden to the user.
But considering you were talking about a torrent file, I suggest you to post a new thread here:

Malware Removal Assistance For Windows

According to MRA rules:

"If you however have clear signs of malware along with command prompt pop-ups, then feel free to start your topic in malware removal assistance forum."

Making sure to remove any pirated content in order for your request to be accepted.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.