Solved Strange screen bahaviour when it fades into black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Hi,
I've noticed that the screen fades into black in a strange way. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but there are some white flashes that appear when it fades into black. I've included a video in the attachment. I am very sorry for the low resolution of the camera I used. I face this problem on both Windows and Linux.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Video-0001.mp4.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 473

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
laptop? i'd say its probably overheated and loosened the ballpoints on vga take it down to your local repair shop

That's overheating.

What notebook do you have? After it's repaired I suggest you buy a laptop cooler with big fan(one if possible otherwise two is also okey.)

Upvote 0

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
Valentin N said:
Nathan Wootton said:
laptop? i'd say its probably overheated and loosened the ballpoints on vga take it down to your local repair shop

That's overheating.

What notebook do you have? After it's repaired I suggest you buy a laptop cooler with big fan(one if possible otherwise two is also okey.)

yes i know its overheating as i said. that can cause to loosen the ballpoints on the chip!! it needs a good clean out dust is probably backed up internally i know this because it happened to me on my Hp dv9 series wich are a pain in the .... for overheating because they was poorly designed

Upvote 0

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
Valentin N said:
Nathan Wootton said:

That's overheating.

yes i know its overheating as i said. that can cause to loosen the ballpoints on the chip!! it needs a good clean out dust is probably backed up internally i know this because it happened to me on my Hp dv9 series wich are a pain in the .... for overheating because they was poorly designed

I asked win and not you. sorry for mixing the quotes

Upvote 0

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
@Valentin N: My laptop's specifications: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-My-main-laptop-specifications

I think that the thermal paste has dried out or the dust has closed almost all the ventilation or the fan is broken or half damaged/functional. That means that you have to send it in to a local computer-store that repair such thing.

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
I have had that issue with a couple of toshiba laptops and each time it was the power connector on the motherboard. Do you sometimes have trouble charging the laptop or you have to tilt it @ a certain angle for it to charge? Usually with a video issue it will just go black, did you hook up an external monitor to see if you still get the screen flicker? With a heat issue the computer will get real slow and will just shutdown.

Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
pcjunklist said:
Do you sometimes have trouble charging the laptop or you have to tilt it @ a certain angle for it to charge?

Not at all.

pcjunklist said:
Usually with a video issue it will just go black, did you hook up an external monitor to see if you still get the screen flicker?

I will see when I get a wire to connect the laptop to the external monitor.

I've recently noticed that I face this problem at random, so what can cause the problem?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.