Subject: Suspicious Account Activity

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
A copy of the latest email doing the rounds to supposed ANZ (Australia/New Zealand) bank customers.

Subject: Suspicious Account Activity
Date: 3 Feb 2013 23:34:06 +0000
To:

Dear ANZ valued customer,

You received this email as a notice for the database update for this month. This update is designed by our IT engineers to provide higher security to our customers online accounts, prevent unauthorized account access and other types of online fraud.

You are required to update your online profile by clicking on the following link:

Click here to access your online profile

SF: when you look at what the link above is? you get this
seems ANZ bank have gone offshore :lol: http://anz6883sec6769.baldaro.co.uk/ibau/?ibau ..SF

Please note that this a one-time task that will take only 3-5 minutes of your precious time. However, failure in updating your profile will result in limiting your account access. We appologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Jessica Marron,
IT Assistant,
ANZ Australia.

sent to my mum who laughed and sent to me..they do read my emails lololol

as you can see the email has many errors, and for the IT noobs like my mum :D god love her even she can see the spelling and grammar errors, the main being the spelling of the word authorize which in Oz is authorise and the added p in applogize which in Oz is spelt apologise

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.