Suggestion: What About a Beta Testing Thread - Tools, Tips and Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hello,

A dedicated Beta Testing thread would be a great way for active testers to compare notes, make suggestions and the all important - ask a question.

Beta Testing is one area where meeting up with your peers and asking for assistance is most productive.

Collaboration...Emsisoft, ESET, Kaspersky, etc...all testers experience the same things more or less.

Even a place to vent frustration when you're going through one of those stretches where your experiencing one snafu after another.

Just a thought.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
It wouldn't do any harm IMHO, but I personally think that a subforum, for every major security company and their software, already exist on MalwareTips and members can freely create threads in that forums and discuss about bugs they found in beta versions of the specific product.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
It wouldn't do any harm IMHO, but I personally think that a subforum, for every major security company and their software, already exist on MalwareTips and members can freely create threads in that forums and discuss about bugs they found in beta versions of the specific product.

My thoughts were not a place to report and share about bugs, but rather useful testing procedures, techniques, utilities, etc.

Skills friend! A central place to exchange testing-specific ideas and knowledge...to develop those keen skills!

That is already being done, but it is scattered all over the forums.

Bugs should be discussed, as you state, within each software's respective subforum.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
What do you concretely mean under testing procedures, techniques, utilities and skills? Tests and reviews, written or recorded, can be posted within Reviews Forum, and about the procedures taken in it members can discuss and share knowledge.
Again, I am not against, but there is no need for that as there are a negligible amount of topics of that kind on MT.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Thinking about it a little bit further I think you are correct.

A lot of the more knowledgeable and experienced folks here, are it seems, everywhere else too...like vendor specific forums.

So just catch 'em and ask questions on the fly. :D

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Also, from my experience, as there are vendors that are releasing closed beta testing, company policies doesn't allow information to be shared outside of feedback forms and closed specific and official forums. ;)

Reactions: Exterminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.