App Review SUPERAntispyware 5 BETA by Languy99

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Analogue Kid

Thread author
Apr 23, 2011
superantispyware_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Review for Superantispyware 5 beta

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Superantispyware really need to improve their signatures and realtime protection.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Superantispyware really need to improve their signatures and realtime protection.
I have to agree, I think that they have a while to go if I am going to use it as a real time protection.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
With every test I watch or do on SAS I get more and more disappointed of it..........
SAS 5 Changelog said:
Enhanced Real-Time Protection helps detect threats before they enter your system - so light on system resources you won't know it's running!
At this point version 5 seems to be another fail.....It can't stop 0 day malware in real time and it can't have a decent detection as an on-demand scanner.
This software had,and still has great potential,in version 5 everyone expected to see a lightweight and efficient software.....seems like we will have to wait for version 9 ,in order to be able to see SAS actually protecting and detecting malware.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
SAS must be back on track to be more effective same like MBAM and HMP does.

marsellus

May 24, 2011
Hi. I do not know what is the point to test the beta :p
It is better to do only the presentation.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
You guys must admit that version 5 is a huge improvement over the prevous version. The Gui is great and the realtime has improved greatly (although still needs work). Also its impressive how light this program is. Hopefully their admission to virustotal will start to show rsults and when they finally get version 5 out they can continue to improve the real time.

Cheers
Shaun

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, since its a beta so they must take time to working it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.