superboy123 my computer security

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Kaspersky Interneet Security does have all the features so making the configuration will be better result.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-setup-Kaspersky-Internet-Security-2012-for-Maximum-Protection

Also you can add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for on demand scanners.

Do you have extensions for Google Chrome? If not add these recommended like Lastpass, Adblock Plus and WOT.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello and welcome superboy to the MT forums :drinks:

Real-time protection

When was the last time you've got an PC infection?
What security products have you used in the past?
For how long are you using KIS 2012 ? How do you like this suite? Any system slow downs?

KIS 2012 is a very solid security suite which should be able to keep you safe, I've wrote a guide a few months ago which describes how to tweak this product for a higher protectection : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-setup-Kaspersky-Internet-Security-2012-for-Maximum-Protection
Be sure to always use Safe Run for Websites when browsing the internet as seen on Step 11 and you should be fine.Also unknown or suspicious programs should always be run with Safe Run for Applications.

It's important to know that most infection rely strongly on social engineering, basically you'll need to run them so that they can work,so if you practice a smart online behavior then you should really decrees your chances of getting infected. You can read some tips on how to avoid infections: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-5-easy-tips-to-avoid-infections

Browser protection
Google Chrome is the most secure browser at this hour, however you can add the below plugins to increase it's protection and usability

WOT (Free) - link
To help you avoid malicious sites you can use Web of Trust (WOT) a website rating browser plugin. After you add it to your browser make sure you only visit websites rated "Green" by WOT

Adblock Plus for Google Chrome (Free) - link
Adblock Plus for Google Chrome is a content-filtering extension for Google Chrome. Adblock allows users to prevent page elements, such as advertisements, from being downloaded and displayed.

LastPass (Free) - link
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

On demand scanners

You should always upload all your downloads on virustotal.com and perform a scan with your on-demand to be checked for malware!
VTUploader (Free) - link
To upload a file to VirusTotal, you can visit the main analysis site, click the Browse button to select a file from your hard drive, and then click the Send file button. You can make this process even easier with the free VirusTotal Uploader utility. After installing it, you can simply right-click any file under 20MB and choose "VirusTotal" from the Send To Windows menu. The scan results will display in your browser as usual.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (Trial) - link
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free utilizes Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Might want to remove that, it doesn't seem to exist and/or redirects to somewhere else :huh:

Will do thanks for the heads up.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
@jamescv7 thanks for you advice...:)

@Jack all this software i have download it now...but WOT i uninstall because i think i do not want using it...thank for you kaspersky configuration...it very help me to get maximum protection..:)

@McLovin this is free or i have paid it...???which one is usefull for me...:huh:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.