For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
Other operating system
Home x64
On-device encryption
N/A
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time security
Windows Defender (ConfigureDefender by H_C) + - Portmaster (free version- third firewall with AdGuard Home and Cloudflare DNS- setting : "Force Block Internet Access" and allow app per app)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
About custom security
Windows Defender + Portmaster free + Hard_Configurator (+ConfigureDefender), AdGuard Home
---
WIN 11 privacy tweak :
- Hardentools
- O&O shut up 10
- O&O app buster
- Optimizer
- Windows 11 Fixer
- BloatyNosy
- Privacy.sexy
main telemetry off
Periodic malware scanners
- Malwarebytes
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
/
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox, Chrome (used), Edge, Ungoogled Chromium (not use for the moment) :

search : Duckduckgo

extensions FF : Malwarebytes Browser Guard, uBlock Origin, Tampermonkey, Scamdoc, Canvas blocker, Language Tool, Bitwarden, Decentraleyes, Searchonymous, Honey, Keepa, Chameleon (disabled), VT4Browser, Mailvelope (I don't use for the moment...), h264ify (for Youtube), Shoptimate, CSS Exfil..., etc.
Secure DNS
AdGuard Home
Cloudflare
Desktop VPN
/
Password manager
Bitwarden (2FA authentification)
Maintenance tools
DISM++, PrivaZer free, PatchMyPC, driverscloud, Windows Repair Toolbox, Windows Repair, PureRa, HiBit Uninstaller portable + WingetUI
File and Photo backup
"Synology DS720+" NAS and cloud like 'MEGA(.nz)", "Google drive", "Proton drive"
Active subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
N/A
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Motherboard : msi-b550m-pro-vdh-wifi-micro-atx-am4-motherboard
CPU model : amd-ryzen-5-5600g-39-ghz-6-core-processor
GPU model : to CPU
RAM :
G.Skill Flare X Black (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
storage : 500 Gb SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus (Win 11 system)
1 Tb HDD 2,5' WD (storage)
1 Tb SSD M.2 CRUCIAL P3 Plus (Storage)
Notable changes
add some changes

VT4Browser, Shoptimate... extension ...

UAC minimum notify

HiBit Uninstaller portable

06/2022 : new material and Win 11

12/2022 : new NAS DS720+

04/2023 : Portmaster free

09/2023 : AdGuard Home

10/2023 : custom security : Hard_Configurator

12/2023 : Kaspersky Free, ScreenWings add to security software, BloatyNoisy, Windhawk, Wireguard, DefenderUI...
+ new materiel : SSD 1 Tb Crucial P3 Plus, WIngetUI

01/2024 : HitmanPro Alert

01/2024 : Malwarebytes anti exploit and uninstalled HitmanPro Alert

11/01/2024 : MB anti ransomware + OSArmor 1.4.3 replace HitmanPro Alert and MB anti exploit...

10/02/2024 : removed osarmor and mb premium
add SpyShelter Pro
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Bienvenue !
If you have an issue with your PC, can you restore an image to make it run smoothly? I use Macrium...
For my documents and pictures, I make a backup on a second drive and also use the cloud. What do you do?

Add LanguageTool Extension to your browser. It will help you correct your spelling and grammar mistakes whenever you write something in the forum.

Last edited:

sypqys

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 18, 2022
Bienvenue !
If you have an issue with your PC, can you restore an image to make it run smoothly? I use Macrium...
For my documents and pictures, I make a backup on a second drive and also use the cloud. What do you do?
Merci (thanks)
I have a Synology NAS for backup for my documents and pictures. I also have a Mega.nz account and other cloud services.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

I didn't know Blockada existed on Windows... however it's not a vpn, but rather a solution like NextDNS.
I recommend you to get a real VPN for this purpose.

You can also switch the UAC to Always Notified for better security.

Your backups, I saw that you use a NAS. Make system backups and backups of your files OTHER than on your NAS. Indeed, if one day you are victim of a Ransomware attack, it will have no difficulty in encrypting the NAS files... I recommend you to make a copy on removable media for security.

Otherwise the rest is good for me :)

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
How I have to put : "Defaut security level" on Hard_Configurator ?

Thx !
Hard_ Configurator
Run Hard_Configurator and follow the instructions which are displayed on the first run.
It is recommended to allow Hard_Configurator making the System Restore Point, whitelisting the autoruns, and applying Recommended Settings. The restore point can be skipped when the kind of rollback software was installed.
After those actions, Windows restart will be required.
If Windows Defender is primary real-time protection, then <ConfigureDefender> option in Hard_Configurator (left violet button) can be used to activate advanced Windows Defender settings. It is recommended to apply <HIGH> Protection Level. The Windows restart is required to apply the new settings.
The firewall hardening is also possible by using <FirewallHardening> option (right violet button). It is recommended to apply 'Recommended H_C' rules and turn ON "Start logging events'. The Windows restart is required to apply the new settings.

What I would do:
Try Configure Defender at High Protection Level. Then install Simple Windows Hardening. For the first 2 days, just enable Windows Hardening. Then also enable Software Restriction Policies. If something goes wrong, check Blocked Events and Manage the Whitelist. With the other protection apps you already have, like Simplewall and KeyScrambler, that would be enough.

Capture d’écran 2022-04-20 040749.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sypqys

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 18, 2022
Hard_ Configurator
Run Hard_Configurator and follow the instructions which are displayed on the first run.
It is recommended to allow Hard_Configurator making the System Restore Point, whitelisting the autoruns, and applying Recommended Settings. The restore point can be skipped when the kind of rollback software was installed.
After those actions, Windows restart will be required.
If Windows Defender is primary real-time protection, then <ConfigureDefender> option in Hard_Configurator (left violet button) can be used to activate advanced Windows Defender settings. It is recommended to apply <HIGH> Protection Level. The Windows restart is required to apply the new settings.
The firewall hardening is also possible by using <FirewallHardening> option (right violet button). It is recommended to apply 'Recommended H_C' rules and turn ON "Start logging events'. The Windows restart is required to apply the new settings.

What I would do:
Try Configure Defender at High Protection Level. Then install Simple Windows Hardening. For the first 2 days, just enable Windows Hardening. Then also enable Software Restriction Policies. If something goes wrong, check Blocked Events and Manage the Whitelist. With the other protection apps you already have, like Simplewall and KeyScrambler, that would be enough.

View attachment 266011
Thanks but the other day, I don't run any software, because he put "administrators rights or tell at your administrator" but I am the only user and administator.
I have to put msconig and restart on safe mode to uninstall Hard_configurator.

Ok, I will follow your recommandations.

Thanks

sypqys

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 18, 2022
Also, I use Excel (office 2019) and the other day, he destroy all my VS scripts and macros on my documents...

I want to configure manually this when I see Office script etc.

Reactions: [correlate]

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I use the paid version of Macrium. Before installing a new security app, I just do an Incremental image: it takes 2 minutes at most. Instead of uninstalling that security app, I restore that image. My computer stays clean with no registry remnants.

sypqys

Level 3
Thread author
Apr 18, 2022
OSArmor free version has not been updated in the last years. Consider reading about Simple Windows Hardening, Configure Defender and Hard_ Configurator. There are good threads about those applications in this forum.
Anyway, it block some things on my computer. I delete it on the future if Hard_Configurator and Configure Defender are better and more efficient.
I will thing on that.

Reactions: [correlate]

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
OSArmor has an excellent paid version. H_C, Configure Defender and SWH are free and excellent and the developper is very present on this forum. Esay to get help on issues.Been using SWH for 2 years with Microsoft Defender or F-Secure safe ( current)...My system is stable...and I think secure.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Also, I use Excel (office 2019) and the other day, he destroy all my VS scripts and macros on my documents...

I want to configure manually this when I see Office script etc.

H_C settings only block macros (and VBA features) in MS Office. The macros are not destroyed - the original document does not change. If you want to configure MS Office restrictions manually, then set <Documents Anti-Exploit> = Adobe (or OFF).

Thanks but the other day, I don't run any software, because he put "administrators rights or tell at your administrator" but I am the only user and administator.

I am not sure what settings you applied. In Recommended Settings most applications should run without issues. Only the applications installed in custom locations (for example on non-system disk) will be blocked.

I have to put msconig and restart on safe mode to uninstall Hard_configurator.

It is not necessary. You can restore the Windows default settings by using the H_C option <Tools><Restore Windows Defaults>. If you want to uninstall H_C then you can use the option <Tools><Uninstall Hard_Configurator>.

Anyway, the suggestion about using simpler security like SWH + ConfigureDefender + FirewallHardening will serve you better. Hard_Configurator requires some learning.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.