Expired System Mechanic

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Softpedia campaign: unlimited giveaway of System Mechanic for 24 hours

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Campaign-December-2011-Unlimited-Giveaway-for-System-Mechanic-239803.shtml

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Has anyone downloaded this ?:)

P

Plexx

I am about to download and test run on virtual os.

Once you download via the order that has a discount that will make it free, you will need to submit your personal information and email address ( I did not use my own information but used one email in which I have access).

Email is set to you confirming the serial number, as well as you will see it on screen.

File you download is a downloader itself. I am downloading it inside the virtual OS. File size 17.52MB

Edit: Ok test run and most of the stuff we can get it from free tools.

I have attached the screenshots by order. Hope it helps. Note: It seems after one year user will need to renew license. If it is free I might use it. Paid, I would rather stick to freeware alternatives.

Edit: attachments removed to make space.

davhag64

Jun 7, 2011
I downloaded this. I have Win Utilities Free, CcCleaner, Glary's Pro, Jet Clean, Boost Speed SE, I took off Tune-up 2010. But my system keeps junk that cannot be cleaned. I Have Advance System care Pro, But it seems to mess up my computer and i always have to redo my computer. Would this help. Do I have too many or just bad software. Which is the best software to have and is it okay to use more than one because I have notice some help clean out stuff that others leave behind.

P

Plexx

davhag64 said:
I downloaded this. I have Win Utilities Free, CcCleaner, Glary's Pro, Jet Clean, Boost Speed SE, I took off Tune-up 2010. But my system keeps junk that cannot be cleaned. I Have Advance System care Pro, But it seems to mess up my computer and i always have to redo my computer. Would this help. Do I have too many or just bad software. Which is the best software to have and is it okay to use more than one because I have notice some help clean out stuff that others leave behind.

I am still testing System Care on VMware in an image of my own OS.
so far it is ok based on the screenshots posted is what I fixed.

Advance System Care is handy if the user knows exactly what he is doing. I use it for a few tools only.
Tune Up utilities 2010 aren't as stable as the latest versions. Ccleaner should do the basic trick. I have just booted up the System Mechanics to see how did it impact the system.

My recommendation, give me 30 mins max.

Update: Rebooted the system, did the last few fixes, no problem identified. Noticed they do contain process guard etc although I did not enable. Registry did not look damaged when I scanned with CCleaner, no errors found.

It also contains a disk defrag tool. They call it align though.

Overall is an ok tool. I might actually add to my toolbox for when I need to fix PC's.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
its cleaning is very slow:dodgy:....compare to other softwares like Ccleaner, tune up, etc.......but overall its very nice......they have also free version which can be download from softpedia.....i didn't see a link to download free version on their official site....so i don't know difference between their paid and free version....may be something related to automatic maintenance I guess :D....

P

Plexx

samit said:
its cleaning is very slow:dodgy:....compare to other softwares like Ccleaner, tune up, etc.......but overall its very nice......they have also free version which can be download from softpedia.....i didn't see a link to download free version on their official site....so i don't know difference between their paid and free version....may be something related to automatic maintenance I guess :D....

You can compare the versions here and download the free version:
Link

Cleaning is not that slow compared to Tuneup Utilities but it is slower than CCleaner.
There are tools on the paid version that you can still get as standalone freeware but for a maintenance suit, it is an overall suit.

Hope this helps.

P

Plexx

There is one issue I am unable to fully test and determine if results are good or not. It is their Hard Disk Defrag option (under a different name).

As I haven't installed and uninstalled a lot of software I am unable to fully test their defrag versus other free alternatives.

Could someone test this on a Virtual Machine?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
try it, BSOD, it's on my real machine (old laptop with 32bit, windows 7)
I get a problem when I use all features in the software, and reboot. then BSOD when windows startup.
System Image thanks, I'm back for a better state just 10 minutes, probably.

thanks for this cool software, designing my screen turned blue. : p
but, thanks for the giveaway iolo :)
cheers.

P

Plexx

I gave a try of the defrag tool plus some automatic fixes and I am starting to see slow downs and errors everywhere.

I think I will launch my OS image and test one last time.

Eiso

Nov 25, 2011
win7holic said:
try it, BSOD, it's on my real machine (old laptop with 32bit, windows 7)
I get a problem when I use all features in the software, and reboot. then BSOD when windows startup.
System Image thanks, I'm back for a better state just 10 minutes, probably.

thanks for this cool software, designing my screen turned blue. : p
but, thanks for the giveaway iolo :)
cheers.

Oh dear! I'm guessing you messed with the registry 'fix'? No matter how good a program is, I would never let it touch my registry :p Good you had a system image ;)

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
biozfear said:
samit said:

You can compare the versions here and download the free version:
Link

Cleaning is not that slow compared to Tuneup Utilities but it is slower than CCleaner.
There are tools on the paid version that you can still get as standalone freeware but for a maintenance suit, it is an overall suit.

Hope this helps.
yeah!!! thanks buddy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.