Security News T-Mobile Austria stores passwords in plain text because its security is 'amazingly good'

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

T-Mobile is my carrier, but I've known long ago they were 100% atrocious on security.

About 3 years ago I found a backdoor on their voicemail system that allowed me to listen to anyone's voicemail on any phone on T-Mobile's network. When I realized they used the last 4 of your mobile number as your pin code and DID NOT authenticate it was coming from your mobile device I was like.. :unsure:

So I take extreme caution with them. I disable all of their garbage services/apps on my phone and use encrypted SMS and Phone Calling apps. So my T-Mobile accounts look like I have zero calls and messages on my phone as a result. We also practice extreme mobile hygiene with microphone and camera blockers, etc.

T-Mobile is reckless.

Last edited by a moderator:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I can smell class action lawsuits if hackers manage to get their hands on the T-Mobile customer account password because T-Mobile stored password in a plain text.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Passwords stored in plain text is a big security red flag!It's extreme amateurism, especially from a company like T-Mobile.

Daviworld

Level 2
Verified
Feb 19, 2018
Oh god, more headaches from my phone company. But, like ForgottenSeer 58943 I practice extreme mobile hygiene. I remove the OS, any tmoble apps or services, block the camera and microphone, and block internet access using iptables to any app's I am not explicitly using

Reactions: spaceoctopus
D

Deleted member 178

nananana all of you are overreacting !! T-Mobile store fake numbers in plain text, those a result of the real 4 numbers encrypted and renewed every milliseconds by 9 quantum computers and an Amiga 500. Then the numbers are printed in a post-it where each number is composed of thousands of QR-Code that can only be read by a blackphone with NSA and SHIELD grade specs and privacy.

"T-Mobile, because we like when a (data) plan comes together !"

:ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.