BitDefender Free Edition and VoodooShield for Real-time malware protection
Firewall security
Disabled
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes, Zemana Anti-Malware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome: Ublock Origin, LastPass, Windows Defender Browser Protection, Stylish, Magic Actions for youtube.
Maintenance tools
None.
File and Photo backup
None.
System recovery
None

TechnoCat

Thread author
Apr 27, 2018
Looking for a good, decently lightweight and free security solution for my windows 10 PC.

Right now, I Am using BitDefender Free Edition alongside with VoodooShield. As for second opinion scanners, I have Emsisoft Emergency kit, Zemana Anti-Malware and MalwareBytes installed.
I was thinking of maybe switching the current AV to something else, maybe replace VoodooShield with SecureAPlus.
Do you guys think a change is needed to be done, or is it fine the way it is?
If theres a change to be done, please specify the replaced programs and the replacing program.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Although you use a Standard user account, you had a security-related incident recently. You have no Software Firewall to control in/outbound traffic, disabled Smartscreen in Windows 10, no form of data or system backup.

Please Edit Thread to reflect the following:
  • Bitdefender Free is your Real-time malware protection and does not need to be mentioned twice.
  • List Emsisoft Emergency Kit under Virus and Malware Removal Tools, and if free versions, also Zemana Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.