Advice Request The best free DVD/CD Burning Software?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have been using the freeware ImgBurn, Ashampoo Burning Studio 22, and CdBurnerXp for years dependent upon my needs. I was wondering, now we're in 2022, has anyone found, and used a Burning Program that they have found to be more effective, useful, and stable than the ones I mentioned?

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I'm using ImgBurn, but I don't remember when I last used it. The frequency of use is really decreasing.💿
No matter how good your burning software is, it may be affected by the quality of the media you write, which may be the reason why the number of software does not increase.

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
I cant remember the last time i burnt a cd or dvd! but imgburn is excellent (and still installed here) imgburn was the next evoluton (imho) and if anyone remembers it when burning iso or bin files was cdrwin. (and when daemon tools was needed to mount an iso!)

also quite underrated, stable and simple is whats built into windows in the rare event a cd is needed..... right click...send to cd... done.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I do not have a CD/DVD reader on my laptop.
But on my desktop computer I used to use CD BurnerXP or Nero.
Now I realized that I probably only have 3 music CDs at home.
I have no place to listen to it anyway .

Reactions: show-Zi

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Times are unfortunately moving away from physical discs, which is a shame and sign of the times, everything now is via subscription-style platforms like Netflix. It's really sad to see and not just for the nostalgic feel either. One supermarket in my area no longer does CD or DVD -Rs or RW anymore.

~LDogg

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Times are unfortunately moving away from physical discs, which is a shame and sign of the times, everything now is via subscription-style platforms like Netflix. It's really sad to see and not just for the nostalgic feel either. One supermarket in my area no longer does CD or DVD -Rs or RW anymore.

~LDogg
I wouldn't fret as I expect, imo that physical cds and dvds will make a resurgence as vinyl did once people become more aware that being dependent on cloud services for their entertainment is only as good as the stability of their provider, the frequency of outages, and the monetary cost of a subscription.

I made the mistake of ditching my vinyl until I realized I missed the analog sound, the feel of touching, holding, and placing a record on my turntable.

Thankfully, I kept my cd and dvd collection while I slowly rebuild my vinyl. Tip to those audiophiles feeling retro or nostalgic for playback equipment: visit a thrift shop. You'd be surprised what you could find, and for those electronically handy, and some possible YouTube or audio forum help, what you may be able to resurrect that some may think unworkable. Of course, there is always new equipment that can still be purchased. Just my opinion, choice is yours. Happy Listening!

Last edited:
Reactions: show-Zi

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I'm using ImgBurn, but I don't remember when I last used it. The frequency of use is really decreasing.💿
No matter how good your burning software is, it may be affected by the quality of the media you write, which may be the reason why the number of software does not increase.
You are right. People forget the quality of the media they use for burning has a bearing on the quality of the software's output result.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think that the large capacity and versatility of USB memory sticks have led to the decline of software that burns to discs.
But for the purpose of satisfying ownership, discs are more attractive. In Japan, we also see the topic of re-evaluating cassette tapes and analog records.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.