Advice Request The Definitive Performance Guide: Windows 7 (mrizos)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
"UAC is a waste of time"
Based on this quote I would stop watching the video but still was curious to see what other misinformation the creator of this video guide gave. Needless to say after 1st part of video, I concluded that it is pointless continuing.

Here is my pick:
*UAC is not a waste of time. It exists for a reason. Advanced users will most likely not used but UAC is still one line of protection to the users who are not advanced
*disable services via services and not via msconfig
*not much difference in resources saving between Aero to Basic or Classic
*System restore actually is handy for any users that do not use another type of rollback software
*Only exclude folders from AV that you know are safe. Program files is not a good idea...
*While in chrome, go to settings, advanced settings and untick Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed.

I would not give a machine to be fixed to this guy, that is for sure!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems its hardly to say caused UAC was given a credit by other blogs and reviewers to disabled it.

There's a security benefits on controlling a privilege but however some people doesn't downloaded much so they could disabled it.

They rely on AV's when its detected by read or write.

For Aero, its contributed from graphics and video drivers caused when failed/troubled, an automatic classic theme used.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
DrBeenGolfing said:
Note: this video is a performance guide, not a security guide.

Correction: its a recipe for disaster. Starting from UAC to excluding program files.

If a user wants to teach others how to have performance boost, should be aware not to cripple its basic security.

Also as said on my post, aero to classic or basic has not much of a performance gain, unless your system is a rather old hardware one.

Disabling chrome tasks via the settings I said does increase performance and less processes when chrome is not running.

Next time read posts properly before placing such note.

On a note: if one wants performance boost without much work, get Razer's Game Booster.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
"Needless to say after 1st part of video, I concluded that it is pointless continuing." - Uh, excuse me, you said you didn't watch the video but you are now the expert? I just posted the video - take your gripes up with Matt.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVochGJH4ejgozWHd4tg0Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.