Windows
Fav. Antivirus
Avast
Fav. Videogame
Golden Tee Golf

THEDUKE

Thread author
Jan 20, 2015
Hello. I tried to post earlier but it deleted on me!! In a nutshell, I had a HORRIBLE malware attach to my cumputer seemingly during a windows update. The "process" said iozyels.exe and the "description" was Google Chrome. TOOK UP LITERALLY ALL MY CPU. Ran numerous malware/virus programs to no avail. Googled it to no avail (until I Googled malware exe and found this site). None of the billions out there had ever heard of it! Finally I "restored" my laptop to just before the last window update which, for now, seemed to remove the pesty critter! Windows 7, 32 bit, Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m, dell inspiron 1525. I use Chrome as my primary, AOL for personal and, if in a forced situation, IE. Attached is a PDF showing a screen shot of my task manager showing 14 of these processes (there were at least 20 running at the time)!

Attachments

• iozyels.exePDF.pdf
    274.5 KB · Views: 414

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello, and welcome THEDUKE. As is clearly evident (I think you may agree) Malware Tips is a terrific resource for information, assistance, and the kindness of new found members/friends. It's good to have you with us, and good luck verifying your problem with Chrome as it shall hopefully *crosses fingers* be gone for good.;)
Later, after the virtual smoke has cleared, you might consider an alternate Chrome-like browser, possibly the one I'm enjoying now that is called Opera.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.