Advice Request This is why android users don't need AV. Do they though?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Malicious Apps Get Back on the Play Store Just by Changing Their Name -Source: Bleeping Computer.

Many of my friends & their other friends believe Google Play store is enough for their mobile's security. I hope after reading this they will at least think twice before saying that aloud. Malware is not d only problem, problem is very much part of google's eco-system.
Feel free to discuss any security tweaks or privacy tweaks you have for androids.

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
an antivirus is not necessary, but a firewall and a permission alerter is indispensable, to block data capture, the functions of camaraweb, keyloggers to all programs. I do not trust what Android does yet.

I do use Sophos & it provides me security audit & privacy audit. It can also block access to all aforementioned functions. No one can deny necessity of a firewall.

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
To me, your title implies no need for AV, "is it though" should be "do they though" just a translation thing.

Lets not make it a grammar class. By 'do' you are referring to a particular word i.e. AV. By 'is' I'm referring to the whole statement.If it is confusing then I'm gonna change it. What's your say?

yitworths

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Well, I would change it as it will make the title clearer, not a grammar thing, it's translation friend.

I've changed it. One thing though & i don't wanna sound like a rebuke but translation is very much part of grammar. Lets consider translation as a marriage of two distinct grammars.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
Playstore is the most insecure thing I have seen, malicious code are idetectable since there is not an real respect agreement, exhaustive surveillance control, and sanctions against hackers developers who make fun of any electronic agreement without showing their face.
It is so dangerous to install any free app "game or streaming" because those applications from dishonest developers become guests of a popular and reliable cloud and that is the common sense assumed among ordinary people without TI preparation, but not for those who are aware and paranoid like us in MalwareTips.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.