This site throws up a "Heartbleed" warning (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferatemple

Thread author
Verified
Oct 2, 2013
For every page on the site Google is throwing up heartbleed warning. I upload a screen shot but do not know how.

Reactions: Malware1
S

starchild76

hello jenniferatemple. I have reported this problem to one of this sites admins.....so this problem will be dealt with shortly ;)

Reactions: Malware1

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
For every page on the site Google is throwing up heartbleed warning. I upload a screen shot but do not know how.
I am assuming you are using the ChromeBleed extension which tends to throw up some False Positives for safe sites.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.11_17h47m51s_001_.png

Below are 2 screenshots from LastPass & McAfee Heartbleed tools which check a sites vulnerability.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.11_17h22m47s_001_.png Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.11_17h30m04s_002_.png

Chromebleed is a nice extension but a bit too annoying for me especially on sites I know to be safe and it throws out a FP.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I am assuming you are using the ChromeBleed extension which tends to throw up some False Positives for safe sites.

View attachment 11027

Below are 2 screenshots from LastPass & McAfee Heartbleed tools which check a sites vulnerability.

View attachment 11025 View attachment 11026

Chromebleed is a nice extension but a bit too annoying for me especially on sites I know to be safe and it throws out a FP.
It should be ok now, for all the Heartbleed scanners. :)
2.jpg

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The above site was showing an error yesterday when entering the URL which would account for the Chromebleed popup since they are developed by one in the same.Chromebleed screenshot now below

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.05.12_13h48m26s_001_.png

Reactions: Jack

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Thank you all for the fix. :) But i wasn't using chromebleed.
I used HeartBleed-EXT 3.0

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thank you all for the fix. :) But i wasn't using chromebleed.
I used HeartBleed-EXT 3.0

HeartBleed-EXT 3.0 for Firefox is from a different developer but the extension itself doesn't check a site but uses the web service of Filippo Valsorda . The developer of Chromebleed.You can go to this site https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/ and enter a URL manually to check it however if you are using Heartbleed-EXT 3.0 (Firefox) or Chromebleed (Chrome) they are both going to use the mentioned site to check for the vulnerability.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
HeartBleed-EXT 3.0 for Firefox is from a different developer but the extension itself doesn't check a site but uses the web service of Filippo Valsorda . The developer of Chromebleed.You can go to this site https://filippo.io/Heartbleed/ and enter a URL manually to check it however if you are using Heartbleed-EXT 3.0 (Firefox) or Chromebleed (Chrome) they are both going to use the mentioned site to check for the vulnerability.

Note to find out if this site was vulnerable for sure was hindered by the fact that this site is malwaretips.com
so when you go to check they said you have to start the url with https: this url doesn't start with that,so it had me puzzled,
so to me i was like you guys need to be approached about this matter.& after a week or more of posting & asking,you have now address this matter,I love you guys but for this situation & how admin went about it you suck real thing thank you.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There are other tools that check for the vulnerability not just the one used in the Firefox & Chrome extensions and those extensions are known to throw out a FP.Screenshots were posted with results from 2 other tools that check for the vulnerabilty and both came up good.Sorry you feel that way.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.