Advice Request Thor Vigilance Premium?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Hello everyone.
I am thinking about changing AV from Bitdefender Total Security to the new product from Heimdal security"Thor Vigilance Premium".
I have Heimdal Premium installed or now it is called Thor,it costs the same as Bitdefender,what do you think,please let me know.

Regards.:confused:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Just looked over your security config. Honestly why dont you just save yourself some money, stick with Bitdefender since you have been using them for years and Voodooshield? With those two you dont need anything else.

Back to your main topic. Should you invest more in Heimdal or Thor now, then Bitdefender. Like i have said you have been a long time fan of Bitdefender since iv known you. I see no reason why you should move from Bitdefender completely. You have always spoken positive about them. My opinion would be to stick with Bitdefender. I would give Heimdal (Thors) product some time to mature a bit before investing completely into it.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have Heimdal pro and to use the new Thor Vigilance, There telling me its a upgrade that would cost me 72 dollars for 3 computers for a year,what a rip off.Good luck getting customers ,to say the least I am disappointed

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
If you want to buy the latest version Thor Premium Home (not that I'm recommending it) you can get it at a 70% discount with the discount code (rest70em) shown in the screenshot of this post.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Just looked over your security config. Honestly why dont you just save yourself some money, stick with Bitdefender since you have been using them for years and Voodooshield? With those two you dont need anything else.

Back to your main topic. Should you invest more in Heimdal or Thor now, then Bitdefender. Like i have said you have been a long time fan of Bitdefender since iv known you. I see no reason why you should move from Bitdefender completely. You have always spoken positive about them. My opinion would be to stick with Bitdefender. I would give Heimdal (Thors) product some time to mature a bit before investing completely into it.

Agreed!

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've been running Thor Home Pro? on this PC for no good reason, frankly I'm not that impressed. When ever I look in Vigilance it requires a scan (always) but that not my issue. I've been running Perfect Privacy VPN - I know some don't like VPN's :) However I've managed to try a few including Express, Liquid among others all having a similar issue slow or very slow connection.

The thing that threw me off was Perfect Privacy ran well. After much faffing & ignoring the obvious solutions I eventually uninstalled Thor, (not an easy task as It leaves lots of folders behind) this was the problem & Express VPN which I've settled on connects in seconds. I haven't had time to reinstall Thor & find out which module is causing the problem but I thought it was worth mentioning. At the moment using Kaspersky which frankly is easier on this PC. And will probably leave on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.