App Review Threatfire 4.7 Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Uploaded by TheBuckbull on Aug 24, 2011

Threatfire 4.7 Review

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like Threatfire didn't do very well these days. Most of the zero day were not detected probably alongside with an AV can help much.

D

Deleted member 178

Threatfire is described as a useless and resource hog apps on many forums, dont know if it still the case. anyway Mamutu is far better.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Let's say before Threatfire was far better and reviews before were having a + ratings.

D

Deleted member 178

btw, first time i see Comodo Killswitch used in a review. nice.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
ThreatFire, As of now is an outdated security software and will not work great with today's malware. I think the last update was a year ago.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I think you can thank Symantec for that!

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Whatever happened to YouTube legendary tester 'The Buckbull'.
Did he retire ?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
win7holic said:
or he's having another important thing about real life.

LOL Yep, that real life stuff keeps messing with our plans and hobbies. haha

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Actually, I am utilizing Threatfire (AV). It says it has been recently updated. I have it set to Level 5 since I choose not to use any firewalls. Avast, my wireless software, and Threatfire, are the only things I allow to start via msconfig. Everything seems to being working well with no slowdowns. I am persistent in using Threatfire because I keep reading that HIPS is the only REAL preventative protection from Advanced Kernel Mode Rootkits. Let me hear your thoughts on this arrangement.

Threatfire is HIPS, so it detects abnormal behavior, not signatures, so it is really not engineered to find zero day threats is it? I am thinking it was designed only to detect behavior of kernel mode rootkits that user mode anti-malware tools like MBAM and HitMan Pro cannot sense do to corruption of said user mode anti-malware tools by advnaced kernel mode rootkits.

Your input on this matter is much appreciated. I value the members' informed opinions and expertise here at malwaretips.com.

D

Deleted member 178

TF like Mamutu is a standalone Behavior Blocker not an HIPS, unless i missed something ^^

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Just a heads up I did happen to test ThreatFire 4.7

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXpWegY26Q

You can also see ThreatFire VS Mamutu here Umbra.

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpJeYgQ1uF4

/advertisement_end

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Oh. I was under the impression it was HIPS, but never really knew.

I will check out the reviews.

Thanks guys.

D

Deleted member 178

MrXidus said:
You can also see ThreatFire VS Mamutu here Umbra.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpJeYgQ1uF4

yes i watched it before, it is why i talked about Mamutu ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.