Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi everyone.

Today I want to share with you this new browser extension, which allows us to control who send to us an e-mail.

Here is the official description:

Control who can send you email. A cleaner inbox means a happier you. Throttle is a service that keeps your email address safe and your inbox clean. By seamlessly substituting random, unique email addresses for use online, it gives users control over who gets into their inboxes, for the first time ever.

The Throttle extension provides a button in sign up forms that allows you to generate unique email address to sign up with so you don't have to give out your real address.

Homepage: Control who can send you email with Throttle

This extension is avalaible for Firefox and Firefox-based browsers, Chrome and Chrome-based browsers.

Throttle_featured.png

Thanks for reading ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Downloaded it to test, at first use there are a lot of hoops to jump through.
Will write more as I explore this add on.
Thanks JM

EDIT::
Getting this screen after install:
Throttle_SS_07142016.png

But nothing in my inbox or spam to confirm, not a very good first impression.

Last edited:
Reactions: JM Safe and frogboy

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Without the Confirmation email you can't post to report the issue on their support page, so it's a catch 22
Removed the addon, that was very short lived lol.
PeAcE

Reactions: frogboy

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Downloaded it to test, at first use there are a lot of hoops to jump through.
Will write more as I explore this add on.
Thanks JM

EDIT::
Getting this screen after install:

But nothing in my inbox or spam to confirm, not a very good first impression.
Yeah, I had that issue as well. Every time I click on subscribe during the test that page would open up, but no email was send.
Tried to click on subscribe multiple times while disabling my addons one by one to see if there was a conflict, and somehow it was allowed.

D

Deleted member 178

why use an extension for that...don't you have contact list and deny any non-contact emails?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.