Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diinamic_FOOL

Thread author
Feb 13, 2014
Hello MalwareTips forum,
I was browsing (on Google Chrome) a few days ago and I found some weird ads on safe and secure websites. I checked my extension library and I found that the company (Tiger Savings) displaying the ads was one of my extensions. I did some research into Tiger Savings and I found that it is quite the nasty program. While doing so I was running scans, I found out that I had a whole lot more than just Tiger Savings.
I found MalwareTips and I followed their guide on how to uninstall Tiger Savings, (Tiger Savings had made itself undeletable on Chrome) used all of the steps (I could not find it in my registry therefore I could not delete that file). I hard uninstalled Chrome using Revo Uninstaller, then reinstalled it hoping that it was deleted. Tiger Savings along with Mixi Dj, Snapdo, Conduit Toolbar, 2o7, ad.yeildmanager, adbrite, Tool:Win32/AngryScan.A, Trojan:VBS/Agent.K, adserver, Adtech, Advert, Advertising, Adware.TigerSavings, Akamai, Atlas DMT, Atwola, Burst Media, CasaleMedia, DoubleClick, FastClick, Media, PointRoll, ProMarket, PUP.BenchUpdater, Qksrv, QuestionMarket, Serving-sys, Statcounter, Yontoo Layers and ZEDO.com. Quite the comprehensive list. I found all of this with SpyHunter 4, and my other scanning programs did not find half of this. I did think my computer was safe, I never visited questionable sites, I was always careful with installing things (although in hindsight I did not always select manual install on programs), and I had Microsoft Security Essentials running (I ran a scan with it and it did not find anything wrong
If you can help great, I am considering taking my computer to a computer shop to get fixed, although if possible I would like to do it myself.

Windows 7 operating system.

Malware Programs:
Malwarebytes anti-malware software, AdwCleaner, SpyHunter 4, Microsoft Security Essentials, HitMan Pro, Revo Uninstaller and Smart Defrag 3.

Note: AdwCleaner, Hitman Pro, Revo Uninstaller, SpyHunter 4 were all installed after I found the infection.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    createsrpoint; 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

Diinamic_FOOL

Thread author
Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    createsrpoint; 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"
I did all of this using zoek, and I ran another scan, and TIger Savings was still there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.