enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Research conducted by medical experts at PlushCare found that over 83% of mental health videos shared on TikTok contain misleading content.

TikTok doesn’t command a particularly enviable reputation as a safe space online, but new research suggests that it is a hellscape for misleading content covering mental health. The platform has often been lambasted for getting teens and young adults hooked on physically injurious trends and socially harmful behavior, and its struggles with COVID-19 misinformation are well-documented. Often, TikTok is serving problematic content to millions of its users.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I'm really really happy that I don't use this garbage platform. Doesn't surprise me why it's so much in the news.
Me too. It seems ripe for purchase by that guy who has recently set the world record for losing the most money, I'm struggling to remember his name!

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Me too. It seems ripe for purchase by that guy who has recently set the world record for losing the most money, I'm struggling to remember his name!

They actually earn and lose money readily due to financial speculation, e.g., stock prices rising and falling, derivatives based on bets, etc. For example more than a year ago, it was reported that they could earn or lose around 10 billion dollars in a single day, while others could see their wealth go up by around $100 billion in only a few months.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.