Tinytime23 Config

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
F-Secure SAFE
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Anti-Malware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Norton Power Eraser (All Portable on my USB)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome: UBlock Origin, LastPass, HTTPS Everywhere
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365 (Portable)

Tinytime23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
I have been a lurker here for around a year, and as someone who is not an advanced user and likes the smallest amount of resources used, this is the setup I have settled on. I used to use 360TSE but uninstalled because of the whole privacy issue (Right or Wrong better safe than sorry). Any reccomendations?

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I am always interested in the following: What type of backup solution do you use? And are the backups incremental, considering they are scheduled?

Tinytime23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
Removed:
Windows Defender
Added:
Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware On-Demand Scanner

Thoughts?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Wsa only caused me a slight slow down on a specific online game. Aside from that it was fine. Wd also served me well. Both are good choices.

Reactions: Tinytime23
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

set UAC to max and ad a anti executable : NVT exe radar pro for instance , its constantely be improved thanks to the valuable input of some members active members here on MT and wilderssecurity ensuring the best available , the current beta is free for everyone ;) you can ad https everywhere as browser extention to encrypt your web traffic.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
set UAC to max and ad a anti executable : NVT exe radar pro for instance , its constantely be improved thanks to the valuable input of some members active members here on MT and wilderssecurity ensuring the best available , the current beta is free for everyone ;) you can ad https everywhere as browser extention to encrypt your web traffic.
UAC to max might be a bit daunting to some users. Not everyone's cup of tea, even the default settings.
Anti executable would just be another quality of life, depending how you use your system, since it is not mandatory.

Tinytime23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
Added:
Windows Defender
Voodoshield
Norton Power Eraser
HTTPS Everywhere
Set UAC to Maximum

Removed:
Webroot Secure Anywhere Internet Plus

Wanted to try out Webroot to see if it is as light as everyone says, it definitely is. I would reccomend it if you don't have terrible browsing habits. I have no need to pay for Antivirus software though as I try keep my browsing habits safe; and a solid config can be created with free programs. I am now trying out Voodooshield, but I don't think I actually need it since I do not download many things.o_O

Tinytime23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
ADDED:
SecureAPlus Freemium
Zemana Anti-Logger
REMOVED:
Windows Defender
Voodooshield

After seeing great reviews for SecureAPlus. I decided to try it out. With it in Lock-Down mode I do not see a point ot having a anti-exe.

Tinytime23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
ADDED:
F-Secure SAFE (6 Month Trial on the Giveaway)
REMOVED:
SecureAPlus Freemium
Zemana Ant-Malware Premium Beta
Zemana ANti-Logger

SecureAPlus was just constantly scanning and causing me major slowdowns. The scans seemingly never ended and always came back with errors and would then restart the scan. I like the concept but with the constant scanning and slowdown I had to scrap it. I have been using this F-Secure SAFE product for a few days and I am really liking it. Caused no slowdowns and have read GREAT reviews on it. Finally, as someone who browses only a few sites, Sports Article sites such as Bleacher Report or ESPN, and doesnt download or click random things I don't feel like I am at a High risk for a virus. So I have dumped my multi layer protection for just one layer with secondary scanners on a USB (Zemana, EEK, NPE). My computer is running blazing fast and I am very happy with this setup.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.