Guide | How To To Find The USB Logs

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012

Go to Run Then Enter Code _|
For window 7 -->
C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

For window Xp -->
C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.log

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
winexpert said:
Just to Check what your brother or your sister is carrying in their Pen drive

Why do that when there are other things you can do to them. Like Write-Protect the USB so that nothing goes on it?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I dont really know why I would use this.I know whats on mine and as for anyone else,I dont want to know.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Source missing once more.
http://tweakbytes.com/Thread-To-Find-The-USB-Logs

Can pose a problem to both sites so please give source.
Either post here or there and then link back. Dont duplicate content google does not take kindly to it.

P

Plexx

I do however wonder, if the USB is encrypted with BitLocker To Go or other tools, would the trick bypass. Tho I have seen this trick before, I never really thought about it if it work on encrypted USB.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
malbky said:
Source missing once more.
http://tweakbytes.com/Thread-To-Find-The-USB-Logs

Can pose a problem to both sites so please give source.
Either post here or there and then link back. Dont duplicate content google does not take kindly to it.

It's a post containing freely available information.

If it was an extensive guide or similar which was posted then there'd be cause for concern.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.