Tomin2009's Configuration

Tomin2009

Thread author
Aug 8, 2012
Recently I suffer a kind of malware that stoled the normal vaild digital signature,and find it's hard for Online Armor HIPS to defend it.
Also find series of malware that include a clean *.exe and a harmful *.dll,which become hot at all kinds of security related frum in China,we called it "White and Black".So far,it seems to be hopeless except DefenseWall HIPS.Of course ,Online armor has update its program to add dll protection.

D

Deleted member 178

hi,

Did you tried Comodo IS , its HIPS is quite powerful?

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Tomin2009 said:
Kingsoft Defender

Do you mean Kingsoft Antivirus?

For an antivirus I would recommend Avast, AVG, or Panda Cloud. Kingsoft can run along side with these programs. (unless if Online Armor free has a Antimalware engine in it)

For a firewall like Umbra said try Comodo Firewall it has a good HIPS and firewall and is also free. Plus Umbra and Online Armor do get along as I've seen :)

For a browser Internet Explorer is not all that secure. I would recommend Google Chrome, or Firefox.
With those browsers I would recommend Bitdefender Trafficlight, AdBlock Plus, and WOT.

For another on demand scanner I would recommend Hitman Pro or Malwarebytes Antimalware.

McLovin will ask this if you don't answer: Do you have any backup solutions?

Tomin2009

Thread author
Aug 8, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
hi,

Did you tried Comodo IS , its HIPS is quite powerful

Yes,I did .The default setting can defend most of malware,but to the malware that include a normal *.exe and a harmful *.dll,comodo IS seems to be hopeless.If you know how to customise HIPS rules well,Comodo will be a better choice.

D

Deleted member 178

I think you are wrong, even .dll and .exe are easily blocked in default settings, maybe you didn't set it properly and set it on auto-allow.

there is a guide : http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm

it works for CIS/CFW/CAV

there is a video : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-CIS-5-10-Custom-Tweaked-Test-biozfear14

Tomin2009

Thread author
Aug 8, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
Tomin2009 said:
Kingsoft Defender

For an antivirus I would recommend Avast, AVG, or Panda Cloud. Kingsoft can run along side with these programs. (unless if Online Armor free has a Antimalware engine in it)

For a firewall like Umbra said try Comodo Firewall it has a good HIPS and firewall and is also free. Plus Umbra and Online Armor do get along as I've seen :)

For a browser Internet Explorer is not all that secure. I would recommend Google Chrome, or Firefox.
With those browsers I would recommend Bitdefender Trafficlight, AdBlock Plus, and WOT.

For another on demand scanner I would recommend Hitman Pro or Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Thanks for your sincerely advices and recommendations,I have backups using Lenovo Onerecovery, I wonder if avast or AVG fit with comodo firewall ,is it compatible?How should I set ?

Malware Maniac said:
Tomin2009 said:
Kingsoft Defender

Thanks for your sincerely advices and recommendations,I have backups using Lenovo Onerecovery, I wonder if avast or AVG fit with comodo firewall ,is it compatible?How should I set ?

D

Deleted member 178

yes AVG (the antivirus only) is compatible with Comodo firewall. just add each other into the exclusions for maximal compatibility.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Tomin2009 said:
I wonder if avast or AVG fit with comodo firewall ,is it compatible?How should I set ?

You really shouldn't have to adjust the settings as far as I know. Comodo and an antivirus should work together. But you should not use both AVG and Avast at once they may conflict with each other and could have major consequences on your system.

P.s. why repeat what you said in your post?

Tomin2009

Thread author
Aug 8, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
yes AVG (the antivirus only) is compatible with Comodo firewall. just add each other into the exclusions for maximal compatibility.

Got it,install AVG antivirus without identity protection firstly ,then install comodo firewall.By the way ,comodo fits with Avast ,do I need extra setting and exclusion?

D

Deleted member 178

Avast's web filter has an incompatibility with Comodo's Firewall and some others.

"Normally" AVs and FW don't conflict each other so extra settings are not required but can be done.

Tomin2009

Thread author
Aug 8, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
I think you are wrong, even .dll and .exe are easily blocked in default settings, maybe you didn't set it properly and set it on auto-allow.

there is a guide : http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm

it works for CIS/CFW/CAV

there is a video : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-CIS-5-10-Custom-Tweaked-Test-biozfear14

I can't thank you enough,this is what I really want,thank you again.Good night^

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If your happy with Internet Explorer 9, it's fine, but have you tried Firefox and or Google Chrome?

Tomin2009

Thread author
Aug 8, 2012
McLovin said:
If your happy with Internet Explorer 9, it's fine, but have you tried Firefox and or Google Chrome?

Yes,I've tried both of them,but I often surf the online bank,it seems Chrome and Firefox don't support CCB's plougins,so……

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.