Top 30 April Fools' Day Pranks In Tech

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Early April Fools: YouTube shuts down Monday to select "winner"

It's April 1st somewhere in the world already, so apparently that's a good excuse for Google to launch a rather funny, and somewhat frightening, April Fool's Day 2013 stunt on YouTube. Taken at face value, it changes everything we are supposed to know about the site and its purpose.

In a video uploaded on the official YouTube channel today, Google has announced that for the past eight years everyone who has been uploading video clips to the site has in fact been entering a contest. The admission period is supposed to end late on Sunday.

Read More

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Early April Fools: YouTube shuts down Monday to select "winner"

As normal, every day I go on to check my videos and see how their going, (I did this before I saw that video).
So I log on and I get this in the video manager:
5nMi6uQ.png

Not thinking anything of it, I watch that video and boy was I scared or what??!1?!?1? and after I read this topic I did found out it was a joke.

And after reading the thread and finding out today was in fact April Fools, all I've got to say is,

tapCB5J.gif

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Google Nose BETA

IBT said:
It’s that day again. If you’re seeing things that seem too good -- or too ridiculous -- to be true, they probably aren’t.
Since Google’s MentalPlex hoax in 2000, tech companies have used April Fools' Day to show off their sense of humor and creativity while poking fun at themselves, their rivals and the more gullible customers. This year, companies have been more aggressive than ever, so here is a guide to the top pranks of the day.

Read more: http://www.ibtimes.com/top-30-april-fools-day-pranks-tech-1164175

Hey guys its really interesting came from Google ;), you may spread from your friends about this.

Seems special then look here.

Now if you click the button then its up to you on what did it interpret.

What’s that smell?

Google NoseBETA leverages new and existing technologies to offer the sharpest olfactory experience available:
Street Sense vehicles have inhaled and indexed millions of atmospheric miles.

Android Ambient Odor Detection collects smells via the world's most sensible mobile operating system.

SMELLCD™ 1.8+ high-resolution compatible for precise and controlled odors.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Google Nose BETA

I've been looking forward to this so bad. I've always wanted to use my nose for something.

/sarcasm

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
Google Nose BETA

The new scentsation in search

Coming to your senses: go beyond type, talk, and touch for a new notation of sensation.
Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Panels pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
Take a whiff: the Google Aromabase - 15M+ scentibytes.
Don't ask, don't smell: For when you're wary of your query - SafeSearch included.

Read more: https://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/

:p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Google Nose - Smelling is believing.

Try Google Nose: http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=9-P6jEMtixY[/video]​

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
RE: Google Nose - Smelling is believing.

Awesome!! This is the future... I wonder why it took so long to develop!!! Even in BETA it works flawlessly! Lets see what Bing will do next! ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

The small print: Clicking 'Smell' enables your webcam allowing Google to monitor your stupidity.

LOL

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Bing April Fools Day

That's so cool. :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Bing April Fools Day

I've didn't catch it :(, as saw in a source its pretty clever idea. :lol:

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Twitter's April Fools' service removes vowels from tweets

The 140-character limit on Twitter can be a hard obstacle to surmount, but Twitter's April Fools' Day service will ease that burden by automatically removing vowels from tweets while a premium, $5 a month service will allow users to keep vowels.

Read More

You may give a shot called Twttr

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Gmail Blue (April Fools Day Edition)

Gmail Blue
Beautiful. Fast. Powerful.

The information told that its made everything "Blue" from the Compose Button until the Bold selection too.

But the fact here, when you sign in through Gmail itself a new pop up showed about the new "compose" for sending an email.

Read More

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
IBT said:
It’s that day again. If you’re seeing things that seem too good -- or too ridiculous -- to be true, they probably aren’t.
Since Google’s MentalPlex hoax in 2000, tech companies have used April Fools' Day to show off their sense of humor and creativity while poking fun at themselves, their rivals and the more gullible customers. This year, companies have been more aggressive than ever, so here is a guide to the top pranks of the day.

Read more: http://www.ibtimes.com/top-30-april-fools-day-pranks-tech-1164175

D

Deleted member 178

Jack said:
Awesome!! This is the future... I wonder why it took so long to develop!!! Even in BETA it works flawlessly! Lets see what Bing will do next! ;)

Heat It

"with Bing's "Heat It!" App, you will be able to heat your glass of tea by putting your smartphone into it or if you own a tablet , you may fry some eggs on it; indeed now modern smartphones and tablets possess & generate enough power to make it possible; your screen will act as an induction plate !"

possible usage:

"You are lost in a mountain by night without food & water, with your smartphone/tablet, just take some snow then catch some insects or small animals ; then Heat It !!!" (recommended by Bear Grylls of Man vs Wild Tv show)

bear-grylls-android-smartphone-man-vs-wild-kyocera-torque.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.