Top 5 Older Android Phones still Worth Buying

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Today’s Android flagships are sophisticated bits of technology, but some haven’t necessarily made huge leaps over previous handset generations in terms of tech or design.

Some of the best features from flagships gone by have even been forgotten or left behind, meaning that there’s a growing back catalogue of unique and feature rich smartphones that are often still competitive with some of today’s best smartphones.

In no particular order, here’s my list of old phones that are still probably worth keeping hold of, or even picking up for cheap if you’re shopping on a budget.
  • Samsung Galaxy Note Edge 4
  • HTC One M8
  • LG Nexus 5
  • Xperia Z Ultra
  • LG G4
Read more at Source. Which do you recommend?

A

antreas

Xperia Z Ultra

But there many good ones with 2 gigabyte ram+ for low price.

Reactions: SHvFl

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
  • LG G4 has chronic issues as low-lifed battery, bootloops etc. You can find a lot of discussion about them on Reddit.
  • Xperia Z Ultra, never used, no knowledge of it at all.
  • LG Nexus 5, still good but the battery cannot keep up with the latest technology. Also, the cameras are not to mention.
  • HTC One M8, good phone indeed, a heavyweight tank that can endure a lot of drops. Specs are still OK, but some heat issues after all those updates.
  • Galaxy Note 4, I was using this phone and can clearly say that : It Rocks! 3 gigs ram, good CPU and GPU, has S-Pen, good built quality which can also endure a lot of drops and most importantly it has all the classy features (sensors, additional app packages, optimization etc.). Also, you can replace the battery so you can use this phone literally until it explodes or disappears itself. 10/10 and would buy this now %100.
P.S: I don't know why I have listed those from bottom to top. :D

Reactions: SHvFl and Rengar

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I didn't used those smartphones mentioned but you can see that Galaxy Note 4 is indeed a decent smartphone.

People choose better processor and large capacity of RAM since aware on possible bloatware programs that can take some resources.

Camera ranges from 13-16 Megapixels is also a good quality to capture some extraordinary shots. ;)

Reactions: SHvFl and Urusen

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Honestly I think medium range phones of today are way better than last years flagships, so I wouldn't even consider an old phone.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
everyone should avoid using LG phones if you don't want to change it after 1 year. They won't fix the bootloop issue after the warranty runs out
G4, V10, G5 and Google/LG Nexus 5X seem to have this issue. Not sure about V20 and G6

Sony phones usually have reduced touchscreen sensitivity, in the worst situation unusable, after a few months. I'm a victim. Open youtube and search [any sony phone after z3] + touchscreen problem => you will understand what I'm saying

samsung seems to have good phones with fewer stupid problems like LG and Sony. Most problems come from the edge phones

the list is based on the specs and features of the phones, same for youtubers
people are happy until they encounter some unbearable problems which many other people also have, after several months

Reactions: SHvFl and Rengar

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I would anyone dont recommend to buy this phone! i had it myself and after 1 year it simply shoot down itself and i was unable to boot. if talked with the support and they said the motherboard or something just fired itself to hell. same happens to my oncle. i have read so much about lg problems, i would not touch lg android phones. they have some heave problems after sometimes. Im a happy OnePlus user now(3t). I just wait for the Asus AR to be released in germany, that will be my new flaggship phone. :) i cant say anything about the others. only used lg, asus and now oneplus. old asus phones are realy good too.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
everyone should avoid using LG phones if you don't want to change it after 1 year. They won't fix the bootloop issue after the warranty runs out
G4, V10, G5 and Google/LG Nexus 5X seem to have this issue. Not sure about V20 and G6

Sony phones usually have reduced touchscreen sensitivity, in the worst situation unusable, after a few months. I'm a victim. Open youtube and search [any sony phone after z3] + touchscreen problem => you will understand what I'm saying

samsung seems to have good phones with fewer stupid problems like LG and Sony. Most problems come from the edge phones

the list is based on the specs and features of the phones, same for youtubers
people are happy until they encounter some unbearable problems which many other people also have, after several months
What is a booloop issue that happens after the warranty runs out? I have an LG phone for almost 2 years now so i guess i will be out of warranty soon.

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
i had nexus 5 m8 and note 4 edge, clearly note 4 edge is in a other league than the others, even today it's a capable phone, s pen, speed, camera, ...

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
What is a booloop issue that happens after the warranty runs out? I have an LG phone for almost 2 years now so i guess i will be out of warranty soon.
many people have LG G4 and they got bootloop issue. LG replaced the motherboard for them for free but they wouldn't after 1 year
My friend replaced his G4 4 times and they refused to repair it for the 5th time when the warranty ran out

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
many people have LG G4 and they got bootloop issue. LG replaced the motherboard for them for free but they wouldn't after 1 year
My friend replaced his G4 4 times and they refused to repair it for the 5th time when the warranty ran out
Ok i have the LG G3. Hopefully i don't get this but anw if i do i will buy a new phone i guess. I will for sure not try to repair if that happens. Thanks.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Ok i have the LG G3. Hopefully i don't get this but anw if i do i will buy a new phone i guess. I will for sure not try to repair if that happens. Thanks.
G3 is the best LG phone with fewest bugs, only cracking mic hole. No bootloop issue.
This problem starts from G4 due to the bad embedment of the chip into the mainboard. When the phone heats up, the chip got detached. Temporarily fixed by using the phone inside the fridge :p
This is what I heard

Reactions: Sven and SHvFl

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.