Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Toyota has issued a clear-out $40,000 sales incentive to dealers on the second-generation Mirai, which retails for about $52,000.

The move comes after Shell Hydrogen said it will no longer be operating some of its hydrogen light-duty passenger fueling stations in California due to supply complications, closing seven of its 55 locations.

All new Mirais include $15,000 in complimentary fuel. Buyers get up to six years to use the credit. If buyers can get one at this price, and access hydrogen, it becomes essentially free driving for a few years.

(sadly if you buy it in New York you'll have to have it towed to California to refuel (which I'm sure the Climate Change riff-raff will consider...)
new.png

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Subaru Crosstrek Wilderness. They're gas, but gasoline is available everywhere.

My wife and I discussed trading our 7 yr old Outback for one. I wanted a Forester, she the Crosstrek. Well, she passed away in November, but she'll get her wish next month. I'm trading for the Crosstrek Wilderness. If I'm around 6 or 7 yrs from now, I'll get my Forester.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
It's mainly just Petrol or Diesel or Electric or a hybrid of those e.g. plug-in or self charging. I have a diesel MPV these days but might be upgrading later this year so I'll probably look for a self charging. There just isn't the infrastructure here and I live in a terrace house so no possibility of a charging point. The kids around here or my neighbours would probably just disconnect it in the middle of the night.

Anyway, we'll get the other alternative methods eventually here. probably after everyone's gone full electric.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
There's enough natural hydrogen trapped underground to meet all projected demands for hundreds of years. An unpublished report by the US Geological Survey identifies it as a new primary resource, and fires the starter pistol on a new gold rush.

The "black gold" oil rush in the US started in 1859, when one Edwin Drake drove a stake into the Pennsylvania soil and oil started flowing out. The gold hydrogen rush may have a similar moment to point back to; in 1987, as one Mamadou Ngulo Konaré tells the story, well diggers gave up on a 108-m (354-ft) deep dry borehole, but he and other villagers in Bourakébougou, Mali, noticed that wind was blowing out of it. When one of the drillers looked in, smoking a cigarette, it blew up in his face, causing severe burns as well as a huge fire.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I am quite certain that the only reason this thread was made is so that a certain someone could call people who are trying to save the planet "riff raff".
You can say that again. It's either rag on anything progressive or scare the living daylights out of newbies with security paranoia. Sieg Heil Comodo Firewall! :LOL:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.