TranquilKnight's Security Config

TranquilKnight

Thread author
Nov 20, 2015
- My system was never infected however every month I detect 1-2 Trojans from other's USBs.
- Not heavy user. Just little multimedia and document stuff only.
- I keep important files and pics backed up on few cloud storages.
- Use only home and work Wi-Fi (barely 4-5 users).

Acer TravelMate 4740
i3-370m; 2 GB RAM

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

You can ditch superantispyware , the reason for this ; obsolete technology.you might want to switch off malwarebytes' realtime protection , because it runs heavy and is proned to be agressive and has fp's , besides That ; you are covered by ublock , wot and avira web safety. You might want to add another second opinion scanner : emsisoft emergency kit , hitman pro , zemana anti malware. For software updater i would prefer patch my pc over sumo. But That choice is up to you ;) thanks for sharing Your config!

TranquilKnight

Thread author
Nov 20, 2015
You can ditch superantispyware , the reason for this ; obsolete technology.you might want to switch off malwarebytes' realtime protection , because it runs heavy and is proned to be agressive and has fp's , besides That ; you are covered by ublock , wot and avira web safety. You might want to add another second opinion scanner : emsisoft emergency kit , hitman pro , zemana anti malware. For software updater i would prefer patch my pc over sumo. But That choice is up to you ;) thanks for sharing Your config!

Yeah, I noticed that. I only use real-time web protection. While browsing I turn off system protection.
All 3 of them sound good. Which one do you recommend?
I just installed Patch My PC...interface is bit confusing at first hahaha.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Hitman pro , zemana are both paid and emsisoft is a free product. I would go for hitman pro and emsisoft emergency kit :)

Reactions: TranquilKnight

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it :)
I would also recommend replacing SAS in favor of a couple other on demand scanners such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner,HMP,Herd Protect(Higher rate of FP's)
Consider an additional browser as a backup

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

remove SAS , obsolete when you have MBAM

TranquilKnight

Thread author
Nov 20, 2015
Hitman pro , zemana are both paid and emsisoft is a free product. I would go for hitman pro and emsisoft emergency kit :)

Nice config! Thanks for sharing it :)
I would also recommend replacing SAS in favor of a couple other on demand scanners such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit,ESET Online Scanner,HMP,Herd Protect(Higher rate of FP's)
Consider an additional browser as a backup

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

remove SAS , obsolete when you have MBAM

Thanks. I'll remove SAS and try Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
I use Firefox and Edge as alternatives. Firefox used to be my main browser but it's giving problems with YouTube on channel pages since version 41.

Zemana AntiMalware
Patch My PC

Thanks. I've installed Patch My PC.

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may add USB Protection Tool which basically you can lockdown the behaviour when an USB inserted to your system. A highly default configuration to be enabled is Autorun Protection which makes none of program to execute at highest privilege

Reactions: Moose

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.