Winter Soldier

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Exoplanet discovery

In a press release on February 22, 2017, NASA announced the discovery of the most Earth-sized planets found in the habitable zone of a single star, called TRAPPIST-1. This system of seven rocky worlds–all of them with the potential for water on their surface–is an exciting discovery in the search for life on other worlds. There is the possibility that future study of this unique planetary system could reveal conditions suitable for life.

ALL CREDITS : thanks @_CyberGhosT_ for pointing out :)

Exoplanet Exploration: Planets Beyond our Solar System: Largest batch of Earth-size, habitable zone planets

I believe in extraterrestrial life, and finally now we can think or guess something lives out there.

What do you think?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I believe in extraterrestrial life, and finally now we can think or guess something lives out there.
I'm not sure I believe in it until I see proof, but I definitely believe that the chance of there being extraterrestrial life is ridiculously high.
I can't for one minute think that in this apparently ever-expanding universe with it's unquantifiable amount of planets that there isn't a single other living creature out there that's bigger than bacteria. Obviously we're more enticed by the thought of there being intelligent life out there; one whom we could converse with and such, but I'd take just finding an extraterrestrial ant.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
WOW:) ... 40 light-years, is a huge distance. The flight was to tens of thousands of years.;)

The funny thing is they're all raving because it's so close. :p

I don't get the fuzz about it, though. If the universe is pretty much an endless entity there are infinite possibilities for the existence of life. Regarding that as a given, I can't get much excitement out of it since there is no way to initiate any form of contact with our current understanding of time and space. :(

Reactions: Overlord

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Earth like environment is not needed by other kinds of life. Life can and do exist in very different kind of environment. It is very wrong to assume that if we can see something then it doesn't exist.
But then also its a wonderful news. It can mean that living beings like us can also exist on other planets.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.