TreeSize Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuttus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Every hard disk is too small if you just wait long enough. TreeSize Free tells you where precious disk space has gone.

TreeSize Free can be started from the context menu of a folder or drive and shows you the size of this folder, including its subfolders. Expand folders in an Explorer-like fashion and see the size of every subfolder. All results can also be drilled down to the file level. Scanning operations run in a thread, so you can already see results while TreeSize Free is working. The Explorer context menu is supported within TreeSize, as well as the usual drag & drop operations.

The disk space tool now also includes the main feature of our discontinued freeware NTFSRatio: TreeSize Free can display the NTFS compression rate and apply the NTFS compression on directory branches.

Start up TreeSize Free as an Administrator to calculate the sizes of directories for which access is ordinarily not granted. Since the content of the files will not be read automatically during this procedure, Windows security remains guaranteed.

TreeSize Free is freeware for Windows XP/Vista/7/2003/2008 (32 or 64 Bit).
Users of Windows 2000 can download the last compatible version TreeSize Free V2.4.
Users of Windows 9x/ME can download the last compatible version TreeSize Free V2.1.

2604zt1.jpg

More info

D

Deleted member 178

good software. i used to use the pro version, when i eas a beginners it helps me to find out the location of the useless and huge windows updates backups/installers, so i can delete them.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Get software I've used it for a while now and always help me find where space is being used the most

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.