Advice Request Triage Sandbox - Have you tried it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Triage Sandbox - Have you tried it?

• Yes

• Not yet

• No, I have a better alternative

Results are only viewable after voting.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

tirage sandbox, anyone using it, aware of it. a friend (online) linked me to it. I submitted two exe that were not signed, but which are not malware, and just now seeing the report, it took a few minutes. Developer is "hatching" and I understand he was involved with cuckoo sandbox. Report says score= 1/10 for both with lots more sandbox info.

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022

tirage sandbox, anyone using it, aware of it. a friend (online) linked me to it. I submitted two exe that were not signed, but which are not malware, and just now seeing the report, it took a few minutes. Developer is "hatching" and I understand he was involved with cuckoo sandbox. Report says score= 1/10 for both with lots more sandbox info.

all the sandboxes are similar, but differ greatly in the amount of detail and the presentation

any.run is popular because of process graph
any.run description of what process does is written in a way that is more understandable
hybrid-analysis focuses heavily on reverse engineering, the http (outbound connections) graph is well liked

use multiple sandboxes can compare output until you determine which you like best

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Sure thing, but personal not on a regular base as for most samples I'm used with other services.
which other? I know of Intezer & hybrid analysis both free. which one(s) you use and prefer??

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
which other? I know of Intezer & hybrid analysis both free. which one(s) you use and prefer??
Intezer still has a free account option, but they decided to drop the amount of free tests per month from 50 down to 10. For me that was enough poor treatment of their free account users and made me leave them and haven't looked back since. Hybrid on the other hand is an old favorite and extra now since they include Windows 10 64bit. It's a extreme huge difference and member @struppigel has a very good video about Hybrid that I can highly recommend.

The next basic one, I would recommend more or less for anyone, is AnyRun. Extra much when curious on urls. Unless one already have a VM that's up and running, it's silly fast to start, login and add a url and see what happens. It has a free account, but one sadly only get access to Windows 7 32bit. The premium accounts is a bit expensive.

Still, with Triage one can get a result at the same time for both W10 and W7 64bit.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Intezer still has a free account option, but they decided to drop the amount of free tests per month from 50 down to 10. For me that was enough poor treatment of their free account users and made me leave them and haven't looked back since. Hybrid on the other hand is an old favorite and extra now since they include Windows 10 64bit. It's a extreme huge difference and member @struppigel has a very good video about Hybrid that I can highly recommend.

The next basic one, I would recommend more or less for anyone, is AnyRun. Extra much when curious on urls. Unless one already have a VM that's up and running, it's silly fast to start, login and add a url and see what happens. It has a free account, but one sadly only get access to Windows 7 32bit. The premium accounts is a bit expensive.

Still, with Triage one can get a result at the same time for both W10 and W7 64bit.
Thanks!! Yes I have used hybrid analysis free for long time but not really regularly. AnyRun first time there earlier today, me awkward user there, so was going to return tonight and get better acquainted with it. I saw same thing, free win7 only, would not let me select win10. I haven't checked their prices. For this, free is better! Intezer I started using a week or 2 ago, yes 10/mo for free which is probably enough for me. I also need to spend more time at triage. I now have more than enough to keep me busy!! Big thanks for the howto link

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
hatching triage offers individuals to run analysis on windows 10 and 11 virtual machines for free, this is an advantage because malware can behave differently on different windows version
hybrid-analysis allows running of windows 10 analysis for free users
hybrid-analysis is the best if you know how to read the reports
hybrid-analysis uses crowdstrike ai which produces results that appear better than free metadefender.opswat and virustotal
hybrid-analysis allows free user to run additional customized analysis of already submitted samples inside crowdstrike falcon, limitation though is only windows 7 os available to free user
the behavior summary on virustotal is easier to understand
there is github virustotal uploader by trusted third party Releases · SamuelTulach/VirusTotalUploader

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
I use:
Checkpoint Threat Emulation
Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Sandbox
Comodo Valkyrie
Any.Run
Triage
JoeSandbox
Microsoft ATP Cloud Sandbox
Virus Total Sandbox Tab - Has great info

Sometimes they get bypassed but rarely. In those cases one of them catch the sample in question. Human Analysis combined with Dynamic Execution is King.

If sample is too targeted then we get the guys at Kaspersky, Checkpoint or Microsoft engaged after all OSINT and Intel fails.

• Thanks

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
I use:
Checkpoint Threat Emulation
Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Sandbox
Comodo Valkyrie
Any.Run
Triage
JoeSandbox
Microsoft ATP Cloud Sandbox
Virus Total Sandbox Tab - Has great info

Sometimes they get bypassed but rarely. In those cases one of them catch the sample in question. Human Analysis combined with Dynamic Execution is King.

If sample is too targeted then we get the guys at Kaspersky, Checkpoint or Microsoft engaged after all OSINT and Intel fails.
where do you submit for Checkpoint?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.