Trojan Horse on Android

StefanMF

Thread author
Sep 4, 2016
If you guys know how to delete it from my phone, please tell me.... P.S. when i deactivated it, my phone is smoother and it doesnt seems to have any issues caused by my action

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@StefanMF Can you provide more details about your device, Android version, did you download from the Google Play Store, what kind of problems are you experiencing etc. ?

Reactions: Cast and Jack

StefanMF

Thread author
Sep 4, 2016
Yes, my android version is 5.1.1 and it is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 model. I didn't downloaded anything suspious from Google Play and i'm just a little bit scared cuz this Trojan may get all my personal details and i really don't know how to unninstall it. I said i turneed this app off but if i reactivate it, i will start giving me some pop-ups with suspicious sites.

Reactions: Logethica and Jack

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Yes, my android version is 5.1.1 and it is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 model. I didn't downloaded anything suspious from Google Play and i'm just a little bit scared cuz this Trojan may get all my personal details and i really don't know how to unninstall it. I said i turneed this app off but if i reactivate it, i will start giving me some pop-ups with suspicious sites.

Hi,
May I know how do you know that there is trojan in your phone? Did you run some AV scans? Which AV do you use? Do you use in-built AV? Are you running MIUI ROM? Which version of ROM you are running?
I'm also using Redmi Note 3 myself.

What is the last app you installed before getting this issue? Perhaps you can list out the type of apps you installed from the Google play. I suspect you may install some sort of App that includes ads pop-up/etc.

Do you opened any files from messaging apps? e.g. Skype, Whatsapps, LINE, etc. It may cause too.

Reactions: Cast and Logethica

StefanMF

Thread author
Sep 4, 2016
No such things... my latest app installed was a game and i know it's a trojan because i scanned my phone with Malware Anti-Malwarebytes... it said that to me. I don't use MIUI ROM but i just searched for it and if u can explain more things about that, maybe i'lll start using it

Reactions: Logethica

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
No such things... my latest app installed was a game and i know it's a trojan because i scanned my phone with Malware Anti-Malwarebytes... it said that to me. I don't use MIUI ROM but i just searched for it and if u can explain more things about that, maybe i'lll start using it

MIUI Rom is the the default OS running in all Xiaomi's mobile phone regardless of region specific. If you have rooted your phone, then probably it's not. You can check on the settings> about phone To know more and see if yours is.

Did you tried to uninstall the game and see if it's still there?

MAy I know what is the name of the game? Perhaps I can try to test it myself and see.

Sseneb

Level 1
Sep 16, 2016
Hey StefanMF,

I do own a Redmi 3 (not the Note version but I guess it doesn't really make a big difference) and I had the same issue.
I bought it on aliexpress.com from a seller named "HongKongGoldway" at a really attractive price.
The problem is that this seller (among others I imagine) does not install the official Xiaomi ROM, but a custom one filled with bloatware, adware and other nasty stuff. I used it for ~1 month without any issue until ads came a few seconds after I unlocked the screen. And none of the mobile AV I tried found any malware.

The only solution I found is to format the internal storage and install the offical Xiaomi ROM, using xiaomi flashing software. I cannot give you full description about how to do it properly, but I can give you this tutorial I used :
Code:
http://xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-flash-miui-fastboot-rom-on-locked-redmi-3/

The real problem is that the Redmi 3 has a locked bootlader, which means that you have to follow specific instructions in order to flash the phone without bricking it. (I don't know if the Redmi Note 3 has its bootlader locked too, but if it has you should be careful).

Anyways, you should try to find a tutorial which explains how to properly install official Xiami ROM on your specific phone model.
I didn't saw any ad or anything suspicious since I flashed mine. Good luck friend

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.