Truecaller Enables Call Recording on iPhone and Android Smartphones

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
New version of Truecaller app comes with the much awaited AI-powered “Call Recording” feature for both iOS and Android smartphones. If you were looking for ways or 3rd party apps to record phone calls in your iPhone or Android mobile phone, you can now use Truecaller app for that purpose.Many times we want to record important phone calls to take notes later. Some of the examples when you may want to record calls are office meetings, customer care calls, etc. Many times when we receive calls from unknown numbers, we may want to record the call for safety purposes. The unknown call might be a spam or fraud call and if we record the phone call, we’ll have the proof for future use.

Truecaller has added the call recording feature in its latest version. Truecaller is a popular and widely used caller ID app for Android smartphones and iPhones. It provides caller information on the calling screen to help users in identifying the incoming caller name in advance without receiving the call. Truecaller was used to come with call recording functionality for Android users in past but later the feature was removed due to changes in Android OS API functionality. At the moment, the call recording feature is available in USA only but the feature will be rolled out in all countries (including India) very soon.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Truecaller Premium is required, which costs approx. $30 per year.

Comparison chart not updated.
Screenshot 2023-06-17 at 12.38.08.png

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
I wonder how they got around the android restriction? I know there are apps that capture the voice from the speakers with a microphone, but that's not the best way to record a conversation at all. Luckily my Samsung is able to record conversations out of the box, so I only use Truecaller as a caller ID.

While it might be very handy for call detail recollection, I'm not sure you could rely on it in court...

I know that in Turkey you can use such records in court. :) But I don't know any other countries like that.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I have Robokiller on my iphone to block scam calls, is it similar to Truecaller or apples and oranges? :unsure:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I think it depends what US state you are in reference recording legal restrictions.
That could be but I believe it's federal/national.
I have Robokiller on my iphone to block scam calls, is it similar to Truecaller or apples and oranges? :unsure:
My Samsung phone has a native incoming call security feature that works pretty well, so I haven't felt the need for a third party app, even the Truecaller app seems unnecessary in my situation but for others it may fit the bill, I try to post information that can benefit or be of interest to any/all members, you included my friend.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Mmmmm, can't remember a time when this and 'caller announcing' wasn't native in iOS.
Does Apple have user-to-user contact data sharing too? With Truecaller, I can even see immediately that the dean's office of my institute is calling. it knows a lot of numbers in Israel and that is very useful when you're not very good at socializing. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.