Question TV Application

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Atatrah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2014
First , i don't know if its the correct place to add this question here .
But I have "TV Application "paid to watch movies and live channels and its provided by ISP that provided me the internet service ,
And this application not working on other network outside this ISP.
If there is any way to make it working on other networks . Like vpn .. i don't know 🤔

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, you're in the right place. Using a VPN might help, as it can make your connection appear as if it's coming from your ISP's network. However, be aware that this may violate your ISP's terms of service. I recommend contacting your ISP for clarification and possible solutions.

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Jack

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
It all depends on how the streams are encoded.
In my country, we also have this kind of service. Some operators are quite permissive, but will block certain functions (like recording, for example).
But others will prohibit playback on other IP addresses of other operators, or even freeze the stream on the IP of the Internet subscription only...

Personally, I don't think a VPN will make any difference. It's mainly designed to protect the streams your ISP uses (HDCP).

Atatrah

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2014
It all depends on how the streams are encoded.
In my country, we also have this kind of service. Some operators are quite permissive, but will block certain functions (like recording, for example).
But others will prohibit playback on other IP addresses of other operators, or even freeze the stream on the IP of the Internet subscription only...

Personally, I don't think a VPN will make any difference. It's mainly designed to protect the streams your ISP uses (HDCP).
This is what I expected, that the application would only work on addresses affiliated with this company only

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.